Chapter 1: The Best Blacksmith in the Capital

Ayanokouji: Checkmate

Echidna: You're no fun, darling. Even when you're teaching me your little chess game, I still can't even get a pity win?

Ayanokouji: Make up your mind already. I let you win last time and you patronized me for showing pity. Now, you're begging for me to throw the match?

Echidna pouted and crossed her hands.

Echidna: I think I've had enough of your chess game.

Ayanokouji: Then let me lie down on a bed of grass and rest for the remainder of the hour uninterrupted.

Echidna: Eh? So you won't entertain me with anything else? You still have 30 minutes.

Ayanokouji: Which is precisely why I need this time to rest my eyes.

Echidna shrugged her shoulders and prepared some tea while conjuring a bed of grass where Ayanokouji gently stretched out his body and collapsed from exhaustion.

Echidna: I guess you have been working on fumes for the past month. It was suppose to take a couple of days, but who would of thought we'd had to endure all those detours. At least your mastery of your authority has gotten a bit more refined.

No response came from Ayanokouji as the lines of black around his cold and dark eyes relaxed.

Echidna got up from her seat and knelt down next to Ayanokouji's exhausted body, and twirled her fingers through his brown and white hair

...

For the past month, he's been functioning on a steady 30 or so minutes of sleep a day.

In the beginning, he planned to head straight towards the capital, but an ambush coming from the forest surrounding the trail decapitated his ground dragon and destroyed most of his supplies, except for his money, and weapons.

None of the assassins individually or even collectively posed much of a threat to him at this point, but the waves were relentless. Coupled with the sheer amount of bounties surfacing across the entire kingdom for his head, mercenaries not even associated with the Assassins cult have tried and failed to kill Ayanokouji.