Chapter 10: Enacting Vengeance

Mother: What are you doing, moping around my trophy room with your disgusting face, piggy?

Zenith: I... I need more blood, mother-sama! First Sophie was killed, then Ronaldt... and now he's going to find me to get to you. I can't stop him with my own power. But I will-

Mother: Just like a little piggy, you're so greedy. You don't actually love me, do you?

A searing pain surfaced all over Zenith as her body fell into a kneeling position. Mother, walking down from her seat, poked the fallen Zenith and transformed her into a blob of flesh on the ground with wide eyes and a large mouth. The only sounds she could make were that of a hog. 

Mother started to laugh. 

Mother: Now you're speaking in your native language. 

*SNAP*

She snapped her fingers, reverting the transformation, as Zenith cried on the ground from the excruciating pain of the transformation and the remodeling of her body. On a table near Mother, she grabbed a vine of grapes and shoved the whole thing inside Zenith's mouth, forcing her to swallow. 

Mother: Eat your grapes like a good piggy, child. Why should I gift you more of my blood just because you can't do what you need to do. He should have been dead by now. Why couldn't the both of you attack him at once, you fucking idiots?! You think you're a chaste knight or something?

She let go of Zenith who tried to compose herself and stand up. 

Mother: Go and kill Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. You come to my face without his head, I'll demote you to one of my pets. Now fuck off. 

She looked on as Zenith ran out of the Trophy room and out of her sight. 

Mother returned to her seat and sat down, annoyed. 

Mother: My children are so useless. 

Suddenly, from the shadows, a figure emerged and walked over to Mother. It was short in stature and slumped over, almost lazy in a sense. It knelt down in front of mother.

???: She's going to get herself killed. Send me as well. I've been starving for a meal, anything really. 

Mother: If you're going to eat him, eat both his name and memories. Bring me his body. I want to mount it on my wall. 

...

...

...

For two weeks, there were no attempts on Ayanokoji's life. Each and every day, he prepared himself for an attack that never came. Ciarra attributed this to the death of two generals of the Assassin's Guld, but Ayanokouji was skeptical. All things considered; they still knew his location at any time of the day because of the mark. His goal didn't change.