Chapter 11: Bizarre Eating

Ciarra: (Shit he saw me! I need to run. Where's Kiyotaka?!)

The chilling sounds of the living being slaughtered like cattle outside the inn startled the blacksmith. She rushed to gather a couple of belongings, stuffing her bag with it all. More importantly, she grabbed one of her hammers and rushed to her door, opening it wide. 

*CRASH*

Downstairs, more eerie groans followed. The munching of bones alongside the dragging of feet belonging to numerous mabeasts rushed through. 

Innkeeper: NOOOOOO!!!!!

In an attempt to save herself, the innkeeper rushed up the stairs. Ciarra saw her and called out to follow her voice. 

Ciarra: Over here! We're going through the window!

In her state of panic, she listened as a guiltylowe leaped onto the upper floor, shattering railings and stairs of wood. 

Ciarra dashed over to the window and smashed it open, jumping through. She extended her hand over to the innkeeper, desperate to save her. 

*STAB*

A tail as quick as a bullet, the guiltylowe impaled the innkeeper, covering Ciarra in a wild spray of blood. 

Ciarra looked on in horror as the tail retracted, with the innkeeper being torn apart while still alive. Her blood decorated her once innocent room, as the monster set its eyes on a new target. 

Recovering from the shock of it all, Ciarra ran to the side of the room and saw a small wagon filled to the brim with hay. However, with fires breaking out across the village, she would need to take this advantage before it was too late. 

Just as soon as the guiltylowe burst through the room and ripped apart the top half of the roof, Ciarra jumped down into the convenient wagon of hay. 

A stray piece of debris that caught on fire ignited the hay. Noticing this, she clumsily tumbled out of the wagon, spilling onto the sidewalk now covered in smoke, debris, and body parts. 

Ciarra: (I can't stop now! Come on, legs! Move!)

In a small piece of land, underneath a worn-down shack, was a small ditch.

She weighed her options:

1. Go in the opposite direction, meeting her end by mabeasts. 

2. Go straight forward, meeting her end by whatever seems to be the leader. 

3. Go into the ditch and hope she could hide. 

4. Stay in this exact spot and be trampled by the guiltylowe that destroyed the inn. 

Understanding her choices, she opted for option three. 

*DASH*

She slid across the ground, dirt covering the rest of her body. Now inside the hole she found earlier, Ciarra patched up the entrance with dirt. However, another thought crept her mind.

Ciarra: (They can smell me can't they? Ah, what can I use to get the smell of blood off me?)

Still in possession of her supplies, she pulled it out. 

Ciarra: (No, not that...not that...oh!)

Reaching forward, she took a small bottle with a mirky substance. 

Ciarra: (Oil might do it.)

*SPLASH*

She covered herself alongside the entrance to the small ditch and laid there, making sure to not meet the gaze of any beast.