Chapter 5: Underworld Tournament Part 2

Blood, guts, screams of true terror, the wailing of the damned. I heard it all. It seemed like Sonya's first bout encouraged the rest of the brawls to get as bloody and gory as humanly possible.

And the cheers from the crowd weren't helping in the slightest. All it served was to further 'egg on' the fighters into finding the most satisfying finishers.

One had their spine taken out straight from their body and folded up as a bandana of sorts for the victor. Another fight ended in placing a head that was twisted clean off on a pike one of the audience paid 4 gold coins to hand to the fighter. And another fighter was urged on by the crowd to find out how much dirt does it take for a person to suffocate.

Sonya enjoyed the sight of blood and gore, while I picked out the individual fighters I saw as powerful and a challenge to overcome.

Out of the 60 or so I did see, there were 4 standouts aside from Sonya. Sure, others destroyed their competition all the same, but their strengths aren't a threat to me. Just being taller and bigger than anyone else doesn't guarantee a win.

The first standout was a little girl that didn't look much older than me. She was skinny and tiny, about a foot shorter than me and had a distinct blue colored hair. She also wasn't human, having ears like a fox. And her expression could be characterized as just... anger.

Her stature was incredibly misleading

Her stature was incredibly misleading. Her opponent was a former knight now turned street fighter that had a long reach and credible jabs. But since she was tiny, it was easy to weave through the many blows and counterattack.

In 3 minutes time, she choked the former knight out cold by holding onto his back and using a strange grappling technique that took the air right out from the fighter. All that was left to do was snap his neck using her legs.

Her name is Samantha and she's fighting in my bracket. And not just that, we're fated to fight in the next round if I win my first fight. Overwhelming her with my strength and upper body strength isn't going to cut it at face value.

I'll just aim for her legs and cripple her. That should do it.

Next there was another young man by the name of David and if he had been in my world, he would have been an incredible boxer. His footwork and stance revealed he favored his arms more than his legs. His legs simply helped to set up blows from his arms. Those red eyes he had seemed like they were piercing the opposition's skin.