Part 1 - Rughad (Prologue)

Prologue 

Once there was a Princess born amongst a clutter of boys. As the first and only girl in her royal family, she was treated with extra care and attention.

She and her brothers grew up in the Palace together, alongside two other young Princes, where they spent their days dashing through the winding halls and exploring the numerous gardens and rooms.

Being the only girl, she was always left out of the action; the boys engaged in exchanging blows and studying tactics whilst she was learning about the traditions of her people and how powerful acquaintanceship could be.

Most days, she would be found painting alone, until one day, one of the young princes noticed her.

Even though they barely spoke a word, the Prince would watch intently from the corner of the room as she stroked hues of colour onto her blank canvas, illustrating every inch of detail that was in front of her. They would sit like this for hours sometimes until the Prince was found and whisked away back to whatever lessons he was attending. It was like their little secret and the Princess never questioned him for she knew how much these tranquil moments meant to him.

The Princess was content with how her life was unraveling until it was time for a new King to ascend the throne. Her father being the youngest of three never had his eyes on the throne but his two eldest brothers did. And as they fought for the seat, desperate to prove themselves worthy over the other, the once-happy family was being torn apart. 

One day, the wife of the eldest Prince passed away after giving birth to a son who would not cry. The eldest Prince was so blinded by the loss of his lover and child that he blamed his brothers and father for their deaths. And when he dared to raise his sword against them, he was banished from ever becoming King and returning to his home. When her uncle was given the throne, he expelled his youngest brother's family from the Palace in fear that his nephews would end up plotting the demise of his sons. Trust no longer existed between the families.

And so the Princess and her brothers never saw the two Princes again until she was of the age to wed.

The Princess always knew of their plans. She was the only girl after all.

It was a chance to rekindle their family ties, a chance to bring back the long-lost trust that could seal the future of their country.

But never would she have thought that becoming the Crown Prince's wife would make her the target of revenge.

Hello/Salam! After reading the prologue, I'm sure you'll notice that the style of writing differs slightly to WITS, but fear not! The story and plot will remain the same inshaAllah! I started writing WITS at the age of 17 and five years later, I now begin IITS. My writing is bound to change over the years especially as I refine my skills and mature. But that will not change the quality of my writing. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the next chapter and feel free to drop your thoughts in the comments!