Chapter 1

Inside the Dukedom of Alston, frantic voices echoed through the quiet hallways.

"Madam you can do it! Just a bit more!!" an old woman's voice echoed through the room.

A young lady who was sweating profusely had a pale face. As she closed her eyes shut, she screamed out loud, her body shaking non-stop.

Soon baby cries ensued. The nurse heaved a relieved sigh as she carried the newborn baby in her arms.

"Madam, it's a beautiful girl."

"L—let me see..."

The nurse slowly handed the crying baby to the duchess. She stared at the baby with warm eyes.

"Baby...I'm so happy you're born," she whispered, kissing the baby on the forehead.

As the baby noticed the familiar person carrying them, the cries died down. The duchess weakly laughed, stroking the cheek.

"Your name shall be Aeliana. The first daughter and our precious youngest.."

The duchess smiled brightly, "I love you Aeliana."

The door burst open, revealing a tall man with black hair and enchanting blue eyes. The nurses bowed.

"Your Grace."

He gave a simple nod to them before standing beside the bed. He smiled at his wife, holding her hand.

"Look it's our daughter, Aeliana." the duchess softly spoke.

The duke looked down at their daughter and chuckled.

"Aeliana is a beautiful name for our daughter. Aeliana Alston."

The duchess turned towards him and smiled, "Remember to love her and the other kids."

The duke laughed nervously, finding his wife's words suspicious, "Of course, I will always love them no matter what."

"That's good...I'm tired.."

"Sabrina?"

"Cassian, I love you very much. You know that right?"

"I love you dearly Sabrina but why are you talking like that?"

"Love the kids on my behalf of me, okay?"

"Sabrina..?"

"I love you, Cassian."

She smiled brightly as her eyes fluttered shut. Her hand slipped out of his hand, dropping beside her.

"...Sabrina?"

Before the duke could fully process it, the magicians, doctors and nurses pushed him aside, checking on the duchess' pulse.

"Her pulse isn't there! Quickly shock her!"

"It's not working doctor!"

"Don't give up! There's still a slim chance, do it again! Hurry!"

"We're losing her even more!"

As they tried their best to revive the duchess, she stayed quiet and lifeless. Cassian stood there, unable to move as he stared at the love of his life.

"Wahh!" suddenly baby cries were heard.

He looked down to find his newborn in his arms, crying her heart out as if she sensed something bad had happened. He bit his lip, trying to suppress his tears as he hugged his child.

"My precious daughter...I love you so don't cry....daddy and your brothers will love you." he muttered, voice cracking as tears rolled down his cheek, unable to control them.