Chapter 17

For the next few days, Aeliana spent most of her time with her tutor. At first, she thought she wouldn't be able to keep up with how strict and fast-paced Madam D'Aramitz was but she was slowly getting used to it.

Though once she is done with her lessons, she would immediately need to take a long nap until it was dinner time.

Aeliana was woken up by Flora and headed to the dining hall. Upon reaching, she was the last to arrive however none of them had begun eating.

"Eli, you're here." her father smiled warmly at her.

She nodded and spoke, "I'm sorry for being late..again."

Cassian shook his head and gestured for her to sit beside him, "It is alright, Eli. Come, let's all begin our dinner shall we?"

Her thoughts had been preoccupied with her lessons so she didn't notice many looks given to her as she walked to her father and sat down in her seat. Dinner commences and everyone was chatting with one another except her.

It wasn't because she felt left out but rather her mind was preoccupied with remembering her dining etiquette.

'Right now we are having soup so the soup spoon should be on the right.'

"Leon, how are your studies? Are you prepared for the academy?"

"My studies are doing fine, father. I don't think I am fully prepared yet but I will be sure to work hard to be prepared soon."

"Haha...that's not what I mean but I'm sure you will do great, Leon."

'Oh my food has been cut for me already so I don't need to use the knife, that's good. I can't hold a knife well still.'

"How about you, Claude? Is everything going well for you?"

"Of course father! I'll definitely be able to catch up to Leon in no time!"

"I'm glad to hear that but don't overwork yourself too hard, understand?"

"Yes, father."

'Eat in small bites and don't chew loudly. Don't push the plate away once done, leave it in the same position.'

"What about you two, Marius, Darius?"

"Dad, I got praised for my swordsmanship!"

"That's great, Marius! Soon you will be an excellent swordsman."

"I read enough books that Mr Brooke said I have read around one-third of the library.."

"You are always very interested in books more than swords, Darius. It's good to have things you like to do."

'Hm the fork should be at twelve o'clock to show that I'm done eating.'

"Eli?"

'Or was it six o'clock?'

"Eli? Are you okay, Eli?"

Aeliana felt a tap on her shoulder which brought her out of her thoughts. She lifted her head up to find everyone staring at her.

"I'm sorry, did you say something?"

Cassian let out a soft sigh, "I was asking how are you and your classes. Has Madam D'Aramitz been too strict?"

She shook her head, replying, "No daddy, she has been good to me although she is strict but I can follow!"

Cassian didn't seem to be fully convinced but smiled and nodded, "That's good to hear, Eli but don't always miss out on your meals. You need the nutrients to grow up well."