Chapter 54

Aeliana gasped out loud as her eyes shot open. She jolted up and breathed heavily, cold sweating covering her entire body. She pressed her hand against her head as it pounded, she winced at the throbbing pain in her head before she glanced around.

It was a plain room with nothing but the simple necessities like a bed, table, and chair. Aeliana waited until the pounding in her head subsided before taking a better look at her surroundings.

'Where am I...?' she thought to herself.

The last thing she remembered before she was unconscious was being electrocuted by a magic spell and that she was still in the carriage that was transporting her away. With the way the room was kept neat and tidy, she knew she was saved by someone and was brought here to recover.

"Oh, you're awake?" she heard a voice by the door.

Aeliana turned her head towards the voice and saw a boy standing there with a tray in his hands. He had striking purple hair which drew her eyes towards him, black downturned eyes, and a mole under his left eye. She stared at him, feeling a sense of familiarity with him but she couldn't pinpoint the reason.

The boy walked towards her and placed the tray on the bedside table. He proceeded to hand her a bowl of porridge that had already been cooled down.

"Eat this, your body is quite weak currently because you used a large amount of mana continuously."

"Oh, thank you," Aeliana muttered, taking the bowl from him.

She quietly ate the warm porridge, sneaking a few glances towards the boy. His features complimented him very well and he was quite pretty in her eyes.

"Are you done?" he calmly asked, locking eyes with her.

Seeing his gaze directly at her, it clicked in her head. She let out a surprised gasp as she pointed at him,

"You were that boy in the inn!"

The boy raised an eyebrow before nodding, "Yes and you were that girl with a unique hair colour."

"How did I get here?" she questioned as she handed him the empty bowl.

He answered her question as he handed her a glass of water, "I brought you here. This is where I live."

"Oh, sorry for intruding."

"It's fine, I was the one who brought you here."

Aeliana nodded, easing up slightly as she continued asking him questions.

"So...where is here actually?"

"The magic tower."

She nearly choked on her water as she heard the words that came out of the boy's mouth.

"The tower!?"

Henri had talked about this in his lessons and she knew those within this tower were people who are not to be messed with. Only certain individuals are able to pass the test, on par with the percentage level of passing at the academy.

The boy looked at her as if it was nothing out of the ordinary and nodded, "Yes the tower. My master will be coming in to check on you."

"O...okay..thank you."

The boy shook his head and grabbed the tray, "It is no problem. You were simply lucky that you escaped."

With that, he left the room, closing the door shut. Aeliana lay back down and stared at the ceiling, her thoughts drifting back to the strange dream. She could barely remember the contents but there was an odd feeling she couldn't shake off. Her brows furrowed as she tried to recall the dream to no avail.