Chapter 53

There was a knock on the door, startling Aeliana awake. She furrowed her brows sleepily and briefly checked her watch for the time. It was barely past three in the morning.

'Who is at my door so early? Daddy said to be awake around seven and that's still hours away..'

She slipped into temporary slippers provided by the inn and made her way towards the door. Before she opened, she groggily asked;

"Who is it?"

"My apologies for waking you up, my lady. It is one of your guards, my name is Liam."

"Liam? What happened that caused you to knock on the door?"

"There has been a warning issued by the captain that a figure is lurking around the inn, he has ordered for one of us to stand on guard inside to be safe if someone comes through the window."

Aeliana listened and deemed it safe. Sleepily, she opened her door and let the guard in. Her eyes were half-opened as she took a look at the guard, he was in the usual guard attire from the territory and had short brown hair with a mole on his right cheek.

She also noticed a scar across his nose but didn't want to say anything, not wanting to pry into something which may be sensitive to the other.

She let out a yawn and spoke, "I'm going to check on my brothers since you said someone may be lurking around."

As she tried to take a step out of the room, she noticed her guards who were guarding the door were now on the ground, unconscious. Before she could react, a shadow loomed behind her. Her face paled in horror as she realised what was happening.

"I'm sorry but I cannot allow that."

***

Aeliana quietly groaned and opened her eyes slowly. Her surroundings were entirely different and she could feel the ground moving and jolting every so often. She carefully looked around, realising she was in a carriage filled with hay and dirt.

There was nobody in sight meaning she was alone but when she tried to move, her hands and feet were bound by ropes. She let out a panicked gasp and tussled around, trying to break free but she could feel a weak faint of magic infused in the ropes.

Panic and fear struck her as time went on. She was too careless of her surroundings and got herself kidnapped.

'What do I do what do I do...' her thoughts were a mess and jumbled up despite trying to calm herself down.

'Aeliana...get yourself together!' she yelled in her head but she was still shaking with fear.

She chewed on her bottom lip and shook her head. She had to focus, she needed to figure out what was happening and where she was.

Taking in a deep breath, she peeked out through a little gap in the carriage walls. There was no light which meant she wasn't unconscious for long and she could hear the hooves of the horses hitting against the ground. It wasn't easy to hear so she judged that she was being transported on a dirt road.

'Let's examine the mana flow..'

Aeliana closed her eyes and gathered her focus solely on one thing. Faintly, she could feel three types of mana flows.

'Three people.'

Aeliana opened her eyes and quietly chanted a spell, igniting the ropes bounding her wrists and feet. Just as she did that, the carriage stopped and she heard footsteps. Alarmed, she quickly placed the ropes around her feet and wrists, acting as if she was still tied up.