Chapter 36

"Your Highness?"

"Ah I see, no wonder you look quite familiar. You must be Duke Alston's children. It's nice to meet you." the boy spoke.

"..Yes it's very nice to meet you too, Your Highness.." Claud bowed, speaking politely which Aeliana had never seen before.

'So Daphne wasn't lying when she said she was a princess.'

"See Aeliana? I told you I was a princess!" Daphne proudly said.

She smiled and nodded, she was rather glad she dodged a bullet instead.

"So your name is Aeliana? Pleased to meet you, I'm Andreas Edmund Scipiones."

"Pleased to meet you too, Your Highness."

It finally dawned on Aeliana that she was in the presence of royalty. Not wanting to stay any longer, she tugged on Claud's shirt and muttered,

"Brother we still need to find brothers Marius and Darius right?"

"Yes, I haven't found them yet."

"Then let's go find them!"

"I want to follow!" Daphne suddenly spoke up, walking around to Aeliana.

"Huh? But it's my brothers—"

"So? I want to play too!!"

Aeliana glanced at Claud and tried to signal him with her eyes. He stared at her and nodded.

"Of course you can play with us, Princess Daphne."

"What?" Aeliana stared at him with disbelief in her eyes.

"Yay! Brother, you should play with us too!"

"Eh?" Andreas glanced at Aeliana then back at Daphne, "Are you sure? It's their game Daphne."

"But he said we can, right?"

"Uh..yeah.."

Andreas looked at Aeliana once more. She could kinda tell Daphne was stubborn so she nodded at him.

"...Alright, thank you for letting us join in." Andreas thanked and smiled.

"Let's restart the game then," Aeliana spoke up.

"It's more fun if we play from the beginning," she added.

Claud nodded, "We can let the twins stay put in their hiding spots. I'll be the seeker again so you all can go hide."

Aeliana nodded, "Thank you brother! This time I won't let you find me."

He laughed at his sister's competitiveness and grinned, "We will see about that."

She turned to Daphne and Andreas, and waved her hand over at them.

"Let's hurry and hide now!"

Soon, the game began once more with Claud needing to find five people this time. After he had counted to a certain number, it was time to seek them out. He first began to look around the inside parts of the temple and that included where the short ceremony was held.

Cassian was still with the Bishop so he knew they had enough time before the game had to end. He continued looking at every place he could think of before deciding to head outside, around the premises of the temple.

As he carefully walked around to make sure his footsteps wouldn't be heard easily, he barely heard two voices whispering to one another. He listened to where the voices came from and slowly made his way.

When he was close enough, he could hear what they were saying.

"Darius, do you think we won?"

"I'm not sure, it's been a while though."