Chapter 55

It was only around midday when her family arrived, immediately heading to where she was resting. Her father and her twin brothers burst in and ran to her side. Their faces were full of worry and concern for her.

"Aeliana! Are you okay?!" Cassian asked, his voice shaking as he spoke.

"Aeliana..." Darius' eyes watered as he looked at her.

"Thank goodness you're okay..!" Marius exclaimed, holding her hand tightly.

Aeliana felt her heart hurt as she saw her family being filled with worry. In actuality, she was terrified during the incident, every time she thought about it, a shiver went down her spine.

"I'm okay.." she muttered, hoping it would ease their worries a bit.

Cassian hugged her, gently stroking her hair, "I'm so grateful you're safe and sound..."

The twins hugged her as well, quietly mumbling how they were glad she was safe and out of harm.

Aeliana leaned into her father's warmth and nodded. She was grateful as well. Cassian removed his hold on her and turned to Zeru who stood by the sidelines quietly.

"Thank you for saving my daughter, our family is indebted to you." he sincerely spoke.

Zeru shook his head, "I happened to notice because of her magic, that was all."

"Still, thank you very much. If there is anything you want, please do inform me."

He nodded, "Then...I would like to spend some time with Aeliana."

Everyone paused and looked at Zeru who calmly stood and waited. Her father and brothers slowly glanced over at Aeliana who seemed just as surprised as them.

"My mana is similar to hers so it would be nice to be friends with someone like me," Zeru explained.

Cassian was shocked but after letting his words sink, he agreed, thinking it was also a great benefit for Aeliana to be close to someone who was similar to her. Aeliana felt her two brothers' grip on her tightening but didn't say much about it. Once everything calmed down, Aeliana changed into another attire and soon it was time to leave the tower.

She turned to Zeru who was standing beside the old man from before as they were seeing her family out. His eyes interlocked with hers and he tilted his head. She smiled and waved at him.

"I'll see you soon, Zeru."

Hearing this, he returned a smile and waved; "See you."

The carriage ride home was quite chaotic, to say the least as her brothers and father kept asking her if she was alright and if she was still in pain, needing anything. She simply rejected it all and reassured her family she was perfectly fine but her answer didn't satisfy them.

A few days later, Aeliana was sitting on her bed, flipping through her magic textbook when her door burst open, startling her. She nearly cursed out loud when a body slammed against her, wrapping their arms around her.

"Aeliana!!! Are you okay!?!" Claud cried out, his voice filled with distress.

Aeliana had a baffled demeanour as she stared at her second brother who should be in the academy right now.

"Brother? Why are you here??"

"Father sent us a letter and we hurried back once we found out," Leon spoke as he walked in, sitting on the edge of her bed.

He reached out and touched her head, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, are you alright Aeliana!?"

Seeing the two drastically different reactions she was getting from her two older brothers, she nearly let out a laugh. She nodded, holding their hand in each of hers.

"I'm fine, it was scary but my injuries weren't too bad and it's healing well."

Leon sighed, massaging his temples, "Still, that was far too dangerous."

Claud sniffled and nodded, "That's right! I also heard that it was a guard that had been here for a few years now. He was struggling with money so he teamed up with those two men."

Aeliana remembered the man's face and the guilty look on his face but she didn't sympathize with him. It was because of him, she got kidnapped and was nearly even sold off.

"Father took care of the criminals, they were put in prison before it was agreed to remove their heads."

Claud elbowed Leon and signalled towards Aeliana using his eyes. Leon realised his words and tried to cover it up.

"At this moment, they are still alive and in prison but they are locked up with the highest security there is so you don't need to worry."

Aeliana smiled and coldly said; "It's fine. I rather never see or hear about them again."

Her brothers stared at her in silence before Claud broke it. He let out a relieved sigh, "I'm glad you don't forgive them or even pity them."

Leon nodded, agreeing with Claud; "Yes, they did a serious crime."

She briefly smiled and closed her book as she spoke, "How long are you staying?"

"Only for two days. After that, we have to head back to the academy." Leon answered.

"We only came to check on you," Claud added with a nod.

Aeliana showed them a thumbs up and in a serious tone, said; "Yes, please go back and study hard."

Claud deflated and had a sulky expression, "I hate studying!"

"You still have to do it, brother."

"I know..."

"You have Brother Leon with you."

"Yes, I can teach you if you need help."

"You teach so strictly though.."

"...." Leon looked over towards Aeliana who turned away, not wanting to agree or disagree.

Then Claud snapped his fingers; "Oh I forgot! I heard a boy is coming to visit."

"A boy?" Leon raised an eyebrow.

"Ahh you mean Zeru? He saved me and in return, he asked to keep in touch with me. The old man approved of this as well so he will be staying for a week or so since the tower is a bit far from our land."

"Aeliana...did you call the master of the tower, old man?" Claud muttered in shock.

She blinked before the gears in her head clicked the two and two together. She jumped up in shock, her jaw nearly falling off as she exclaimed;

"That was the tower master!?"

"...Did you not pay attention in your magic classes?"

"But...but the photo of the tower master was a good-looking blond-haired man!"

Leon hummed, "Well the photo is close to a hundred or so years ago."

"H–hundred?"

Aeliana nearly fainted as she remembered how informal she was with the old man.

'It's so over for me...'

---

Author's note:

Aeliana: I am so toasted

Leon: You won't become toast

Claud: Since when did you turn into bread?

Aeliana: ...forget it