E11 : C-Night @ Nar Baan

TIN'S POV - C-Night @ Nar Baan Bar & Bistro, Khon Kaen (Dec 25)

I wanted to pick up Tol from the airport but was told not to as he's other arrangement.

"C U @ Nar Baan," Tol texted me when I was on my way to Nar Baan.

"ETA 7pm," I replied while waiting for the traffic light to turn green.

I reached Nar Baan at 7pm sharp and handed my invitation card to the waitress at the entrance. She led me to a table near the stage and informed me that someone had put in the order for us. That someone arrived a moment later.

"Did you miss me?" Tol asked as he sat opposite me.

"Isn't it obvious since I'm the one who's waiting for you?" I replied.

"Are you complaining that I'm late?" Tol leaned forward.

"What if I say 'Yes'?" I leaned forward too.

"Very good... Shall I remind you how long I've been waiting for a sleepyhead to wake up?" Tol challenged as he moved closer.

Our nose were just 2 inches away.

"Thank you for reminding," I moved in and pecked on his lips, which took him by surprise.

Tol hit my shoulder and blushed, "I wonder where you got the gut to be this bold nowadays?"

"It's You!" I pulled his hand over and kissed the back of his hand.

Our sweet moment was interrupted by the lead vocalist of the live band.

"Welcome home, Nar Baaners! Hope you're enjoying your dinner as our bar and kitchen crews have put extra love to spice up the menu especially for you tonight.

I believe many of you are wondering what's this C-Night is all about. Let me invite our new Co-founder CEO, oh yes, we've a new CEO! This CEO is different from our Founder CEO all of you know. This is our Chief Entertainment Officer. Please join me to welcome Tol to the stage."

The lead vocalist and crowd put their hands together to welcome Tol.

Tol winked at me before walking onto the stage and thanked the lead vocalist for introducing him.

"Thank you everyone for joining us tonight and welcome home! It's been a long wait for us to embrace C as part of our life. We've not been able to see each other for a long time given C's surprise visit in 2020. Yup, I'm referring to COVID-19!

Most of us were not able to meet our loved ones because of COVID. However, for my case I wasn't able to be with my loved one because of another 'C'. This person was in Coma. Thankfully, the angels have woken him up in time to celebrate this memorable night with us. Therefore, I'd like to encourage all of us to make this a Confession night to those whom we Care and Celebrate Love & Life together with those we Cherish before our time's up.

There's a saying that one's life literally starts from 'B' to 'D', which is 'Birth' to 'Death' and in between is all about 'C' for 'Choice'. The choices we made in life. We, at Nar Baan would like to thank all of you for choosing us to be part of your journey. May we continue to create more beautiful memories together. Cheers to our cheery and carefree days ahead!"

Tol lifted the glass that was handed to him and the crowd happily raised theirs too. He took a sip of the drink before the lead vocalist took over the stage.

"Thanks, Tol. Before you go, given our Founder CEO is still MIA (Missing in Action) somewhere, do you mind sharing with us the name of this complimentary drink both of you created for tonight?" the lead vocalist asked.

"Ahh... that lost child is currently stuck or lost somewhere in the air, but he assured me that he'll be with us tonight. So, to all his wifey, please hang in there.

As for the name of this mocktail, it is called 'Cherish'. We purposely made this as a non-alcoholic drink in hope that we'll stay conscious tonight so that we can remember this special moment we created together with our loved ones. This welcome home drink and desserts that will be served later were created out of blood, sweat and tears, which reminds us the bittersweet savoury taste of life.

Why savoury some of you may asked. It's because our loved ones are alike salt, which its presence is never felt, but its absence makes all things tasteless. Thus, it's a reminder to all of us that we should not take our loved ones for granted. Say what we need to say, do what we need to do and love who we cherish wholeheartedly before it's too late.

If you like this drink and would like us to include it on our menu, please let us know by liking our post on IG and/or FB. Likewise to the desserts that will be served later. Thank you and buon appetito!"

Tol handed the mic back to the lead vocalist and walked back to our table.

"Thanks again, Tol. While waiting for our missing CEO to emerge from the air, this song is for all us," the lead vocalist remarked.