Chapter 15

“I stumbled. I’m sorry.”

“You keep apologizing to me. Maybe I couldn’t have been a father you could rely on like that?”

“What? I didn’t hear you. What did you say?”

“No, it’s nothing. By the way, are you okay?”

“I’m fine. I just sprained my ankle a bit, but it’s okay.”

“What? I need to call a doctor right away.”

“It’s not necessary. I’m okay.”

Even though she was okay, the duke checked her condition over and over again.

‘Why all of a sudden? This is embarrassing.’

She coughed roughly and called the Duke’s attention.

“There’s a bigger problem than that. I think the book has slipped behind the bookshelf.”

“That’s a bigger problem than your injury…”

It sounded like the duke was saying something from behind, but she was too busy sifting through the bookshelves.

‘What is this? I thought it would be easy because there was no explanation in the original.’

At that moment, a white window appeared in front of her and a message showed.

[The hidden item <Mark of the Fairy> has been discovered. Do you want to learn it?]

‘Of course.’

[You have acquired <Fairy Token>.]

Then, a faint light came out of the gap.

“There is a light here!”

“I’ll take a look.”

As if startled, the duke stretched out his arm through the gap in the bookshelf.

Soon after, he took out a white egg.

‘Is that the token of the fairy?’

She was suspicious, so she looked up and the message again.

[Do you want to check the acquired item <Fairy Token>?]

‘Yes.’

[Fairy’s Token

-Class: S-Class

-Item Description: A mark left by an ancient fairy. You can use the item to wake up a sleeping ancient being.

-Can be used: (1/1) times]

“It’s the fairy’s token, an heirloom that was lost a long time ago.”

When she finished reading the description, the duke spoke in an emotional voice.

“I can’t believe you found this. Great job, Rosalina. You did a wonderful job.”

“I’m glad I did something helpful for Brighton.”

“There is no need to be humble. No one will be able to disparage the achievements you have made. If there is someone who does not recognize you, bring them to me.”

When the conversation with the duke was finished, a notification popped up.

[<Authorization of the Duke of Brighton> has been confirmed.]