Chapter 18

“Yes. That’s it.”

“That’s a relief

“As expected, I trust Madam.”

Roselina smiled broadly.

As Elizabeth was perplexed by the rapidly changing atmosphere, Roselina leaned her body and whispered.

“Well, there are rumors circulating that there is a secret hidden that day.”

“Eh? What do you mean?”

“Has anyone seen what happened that day? But you assert that there was no one else, so that must be just a rumor.”

Eliza’s spine shuddered.

“What do you mean? Please tell me more.”

“Oh, by the way, I believe in you. Let’s stop talking about things like this. I feel uncomfortable because I feel like I’m doubting Madam for no reason.”

Something was going wrong.

Elizabeth took Roselina by the collar as she casually drank tea and wanted to urge her to confide in everything she knew right away.

“Actually, there is something more important.”

‘Is there anything more important than this?’

Eliza burned her stomach, but she smiled kindly.

“I can listen to my daughter’s stories. What is it?”

“Actually, I’ve always considered madam as my mother. It’s late, but may I call you mother from now on?”

Eliza felt like a thousand fires were burning inside her.

‘What do you mean mother!’

A mother to Roselina.

Her annoyance rose, and she wanted to pour hot tea on Roselina’s face right away.

But she couldn’t put to nothing what she had built up so far.

‘Yes. you’re still stupid. You believe in me like a rock.’

Roselina was still worth using so she had to suck it up.

Elizabeth clenched her teeth and grinned.

“Are you finally accepting me as a mother? I’m so happy. I’ve always been the mother of my daughter.”

“I’m happy too. Mother. That’s why, please leave father’s birthday banquet entirely to me.”

“I know daughter’s feelings well, but banquets in the mansion are all under my control. Please understand my stirring heart in case I make a small mistake.”

Are you fussing over this?

Elizabeth narrowed her eyes.

Prior to her marriage, Roselina had embezzled the duchy’s money.

She used the budget allotted for banquet preparations to buy her own dresses and jewelry.

The duke was greatly enraged, and subsequent family banquets became the responsibility of Elizabeth.

‘You can’t stand it anymore, and it looks like the moth is getting anxious again.’

Rumors circulated that the rare villain had finally regained her senses, but it seemed to be just a rumor.

Suddenly, she saw a ring that Roselina was wearing.

It looked modest at first glance, but it was studded with jewels and unusual craftsmanship.