Chapter 4

Sparkling's pov

Oh. My. GOD. Here I was, talking to the cutest guy on EarthBread. I think I can faint from happiness. 

"So what places do you like to go to?" Herb asked, "Like, which places should I go to first in the kingdom?"

"Oh, well, I'd say Cherry Blossom Park is a great place for walks. Their are Cherry Blossom trees, and is good for picnics as well," I informed him, oh god was I talking too much though?

"Cookie Cliff is also a good place to visit as well. It overlooks a beach, and I really like looking at the Sunset there."

"Cool, I also enjoy watching the Sunset sometimes, maybe I'll check it out tomorrow night. Usually I'm above the water and on a moon though," Herb murmured thoughtfully.

"Hm?" I hummed, confused to the last part.

"Nothing heheh," He said shyly, so I decided not to ask farther.

I nodded and then said, "By the way, do you have any hobbies?"

"Yeah, I enjoy planing, taking care and playing with little kids, taking walks, and drinking tea while reading," He said nervously, "What about you?"

"I mostly stay here at my bar at night, but during the day I like hanging out with my friends," I replied, "I also enjoy going to concerts, parties, and I'm a healer in missions sometimes. Though, I do enjoy reading a good book, taking walks, and chilling."

I left out the flirting with costumers, since I didn't know how he would react. He would think I'm playing with his heart, but I'm not! He's different..

"That's cool," He blushed slightly.

I smiled and I suddenly had an urge to pat him. For a while I just stared at his soft green hair, until Vampire broke me from my trance.

"Sparkling, can I hev another cop?" Vampire whined, drunk, "Pleaase?"

I rolled my eyes, then turned to Herb and winked at him, "I'll be right back~."

A couple moments later, I heard Herb say quietly, "Uhm, it's getting really late. My construction should be done now. Bye!"

"W-Wait!" I called, and quickly turned around only to find in dismay that Herb had left leaving only an empty seat with cash on the counter.

"Sorry bro," Mint said sympathetically, "Although, it is almost 12, and it's starting to get kind of dark."

I sighed and handed Vampire the Grape Juice which he immediately started sipping. I had really wanted to have him stay and chat with me, even if it was just for a little longer. Wow, time sure flies when you're interested.

"Well, you'll see him again next morning. You're visiting his shop, right?" Cocoa piped from besides Mint, "So, don't worry!"

"Right," I said dully.

I couldn't wait, but what if I looked too tired or bedraggles? Well, Latte did offer to help out from 6-7. I'm pretty sure she'll also close it up too. I'll just take a nap then, and freshen up before.. around 9. Wait, Latte doesn't even drink, does she? Arghh did I just realize that she struck that deal so that she could help for free? Though I am grateful. Wait no, focus. I'll visit his shop at 9ish. I wonder if his plants are as pretty as him..

"Can i have a Cherry-Kiwi Cocktail?" A girl with black eyes and green hair asked me bubbily.

"Sure, anything for you," I winked and she giggled.