Chapter 15

I woke up from someone shaking my shoulder violently. I jerked awake to see Sea fairy shaking me sideways with an annoyed look on her face.

"Good, you're finally awake," Sea fairy hissed, "Now, slowly sit up."

"Huh?" I mumbled confused.

My head was on something hard and uncomfortable. Is Sea Fairy really here touching me? Last night.. oh right. I met Herb's parents and talked with Herb outside. I also was inches away from the tip of Sea Fairy's sword at one point.

I looked past Sea Fairy to see a variety of plants, flowers, bright blue sky, and cobble stone path. Damn, Herb is really remarkable when it comes to plants, now that it was day, I could tell how entrancing everything looked. Wait a second.. yep. Looks like I fell asleep on the bench at around 10:30. What's this warm thing on me though?

I twisted my head to look at my back only to turn bright red. Herb was sleeping soundly and his arms was wrapped around me waist. One of his legs was on top of mines and his face was so cute I wanted to scream into a pillow.

I turned back to Sea Fairy and made an O with my mouth. She now had her arms crossed impatiently. I cautiously squirmed out of Herb's leg twist and carefully set my feet in an awkward position on the cobblestone. Then, I pried Herb's arm off me and slipped away from underneath. I managed to get off the bench but only a second later Herb whimpered. 

My eyes widened in shock and I dropped Herb's hand in panic, causing him to flinch and sit up. He rubbed his eyes and I glanced at Sea Fairy to find her glaring daggers at me. Whoops.

"S-sparkling? What time is it?" Herb murmured.

"It's 9 in the morning," Sea Fairy replied with a much kinder voice, "Me and Moon made you guys breakfast. You like pancakes right?"

"Thanks mum," Herb smiled, "Come on Sparkling!"

Herb skipped to the door but I stayed behind as I sensed Sea Fairy wanted to talk with me.

"Sparkling cookie, owner of the Sparkling bar," Sea Fairy said formally sending a shiver down my spine. 

"Yes?" I asked, facing her.

"Although I do not want to, I give you permission and a chance with my son," She stated firmly, stunning me, "So you better not screw this up."

"I won't," I reassured.

"Good, or I will cut you up into pieces with my sword," She threatened but in an innocent voice.

"Alright," I chuckled nervously.

We headed inside to find Moonlight, Sorbet Shark, and Herb snarfing down Pancakes happily at Herb's table.

"Mornin',"I greeted, "Can I have a pancake?"

"Of cource!" Moonlight exclaimed.

I took one and sat down the the farthest end seat. We all ate in comfortable silence until all the pancakes were devoured and there was nothing left but empty plates with syrup on them.

"I'll wash the plates," I suggested and piled the plates on my hand with ease.

"Thanks!" Herb thanked. 

"We have something to discuss with both of you," Moonlight suddenly said with a serious tone.

"Is it about me and Sparkling?" Herb questioned defensively.

"0o0o0ooo00o," Sorbet Shark burbled.

"Sorbet says that it isn't," Herb translated for me.

I gave a curt nod and Sea Fairy said, "Yesterday the reason me and Moon was late was because we met with Pure Vanilla to discuss something. The meet went on longer than expected."

"Pure Vanilla would like to meet you guys to talk about it as well. It's quite significant," Moonlight continued, "So, we're thinking we can leave in a second."

"Alright," Herb agreed.

"I don't mind," I added as well, "I just need to get back to my bar by 5."

"Then let's get going, are you done the dished?" Moonlight asked me. 

"Yep," I replied, drying off the last dish and stacking it.

"Good," Sea Fairy said sounding grumpy. 

I grabbed my sweater off Herb's sofa and zipped it on. The rest did the same as well expect Sorbet Shark, who Moonlight instructed to stay behind. 

During the drive in the legendaries' car, it no longer felt like Sea Fairy was glaring at me as harshly as before. It was mostly silent, until around halfway where I chatted with moonlight about my work. life, interests, and other small talk. 

We soon arrived at the Vanilla Castle, and we knocked on its looming door. The door swung open and Espresso stood in front of us.

"Come in," Espresso ordered, "Follow me closely."

We trailed after Espresso and I noticed that Herb felt scared and tense, so I reached out and gave his hand a gentle squeeze. He gave me a soft smile making my heart flutter slightly.

We entered in a large room which had a large long white table in the center. This was where I usually met for missions I attended and planned for. Could this have to do with another one? But why invite the legendary's knowing they're busy and need to maintain the Sea and Ocean calmness?

At the end of the table sat Pure Vanilla. Madeleine, Dark Cacao, Holly berry, Raspberry, Caramel Arrow, Black Raisin, Pastry, Latte, and Ginger brave's team excluding Custard also sat in the creamy white and blue chairs. Together, there was 18 of us. What could be so big? A moment later, Frost Queen, Cream Puff, and Chocolate Mocha entered the room. Another Legendary, and 3 ancients? Three of the ancient's best fighters were here as well, not including Madeleine who was the prince. 

Well, they were all astounding fighters, even the younger ones. Cream Puff was young but she is great at wizard spells and creating new ones I heard. For Chocolate Mocha, she was someone that Espresso deemed worthy to be his discipline that he is willing to teach happily, and that is saying something. 

(Chocolate Mocha is my oc from my other story)

"I'm grateful that everyone's here now," Pure Vanilla announced, "As you all know, I have something urgent and important to discuss."

"To sum it up.."

"We need to take down the cookie's of darkness once and for now as soon as possible. Specifically even though it is not my nature, we need to strike first before Winter arrives. I wish I can save White Lily, but if we can't then we have no choice."

The room became silent immediately.

What?

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1039

I hope you liked this chapter. Tysm for 1.2k+ reads! I no longer have a class on Friday's (Canadian time) so now I am able to post on saturdays. I finished this chapter earlier then expected as well, so I decided that I should post on saturdays instead. :D (Also cuz my schedule on Sunday suddenly got busier TvT)

Have a good day/night! :)