Chapter 17

No'ones Pov

"I wrote that on my sign that this'll close for a week or two," Sparklinh said, hanging up a handmade 'closed for personal reasons' signs on the door of his bar.

"I still feel a bit bad for closing down our shops out of no where," Herb mumbled, "Maybe y-you could provide some sample drinks?"

Sparkling tried to not chuckle. It was so cute of Herb to suggest that, but..

"I can't. Some cookies will just take more than they should," Sparkling sighed.

"Oh.."

"By the way, has anyone replied yet?"

Herb nodded, "They all agreed to join in on this mission. Sparkling..?"

"Hm?" Sparkling hummed, locking his bar's doors and zipping his coat up.

"Do you want to eat l-lunch?" Herb asked, "It's almsot 1:30, so I'm wondering if you're busy."

"Uh, yep, sure!" Sparkling replied nervously, "W-where do you want to eat at?"

"There's this cafe I want to go to, called S.B. cafe at XXXX!" Herb exclaimed excitedly, "I-I mean, if you want."

"It'll be my pleasure to," Sparkling grinned, "Let's go now!"

Before Herb could say anything or protest, Sparkling grabbed Herb's hand and lead him to his car.

"What are we doing?" Herb questioned in confusion, but sat down inside anyways.

"Going there, ofcource!" Sparkling grinned.

"But it's only a 20 minute walk!" Herb protested, "It's such a nice weather today as well."

"It's 5 degree and quite cloudy," Sparkling replied.

"That's the nicest weather we'll get this week!"

"Trust me, the cafe will e packed," Sparkling objected, "If we walk, the line will only get longer once we arrive."

"Alright," Herb said, "U-uhm a-a-and a-also."

"Yehah?"

"Nevermind," Herb stammered, quickly looking out the car window and turning red.

Sparkling saw Herb's flursterd expression in the corner of his eyes, causing him to turn red too.

"I suppose it is.." Sparkling mumbled.

"Huh?!"

"Y'know, like a date," Sparkling said, heat creeping up his cheeks.

"Y-yeah," Herb replied, blushing harder, "S-say, isn't that the mall?"

"Yep, the cafe's located here," Sparkling replied, looking around for a parking spot before finally finding one and stopping.

"Really?" Herb murmured, "Wow, no wonder you said it's gonna be crowded."

"You didn't know?" Sparkling said a bit surprised.

"N-no, Latte recommended this place to me. I heard they make yummy tea," Herb admitted.

"Anyways, follow me," Sparkling instructed, taking Herb's hand, "Don't get lost."

"Ok!" Herb smiled.

They soon got to S.B Cafe after fighting against the rush of cookies shopping and walking around, and sure enough, the cafe was packed. All the seats were taken, and the couple was 6th in line.

"Woah, this place is cute!" Herb said in awe, gazing up at the cream and pastel colored cafe.

"What do you want to order?" Sparkling questioned.

Herb stood on his tippy toes and squinted, quickly reading up and down the list of food and drinks.

"The London Fog Tea and Cheese Sandwich!" Herb answered, "What about you?"

"Probably just water and a chicken wrap," Sparkling said, "Maybe a sugar flake cookie if they're selling it."

"Ooo, that sounds tasty," Herb said.

Sparkling nodded, "Want to walk around the mall after ordering?"

"Mhm!" Herb hummed happily.

"Oh, and you said that they make good tea right?" Sparkling queried.

"Yes," Herb responded.

"As good as mines?" Sparkling questioned, giving Herb an adorable pleading look, making him giggle.

"I bet yours will stay the best don't worry," Herb said, giving him a bright smile.

Sparkling's eyes slightly widened and he blushed faintly. I'll never get tired of his smile, Sparkling thought. They continued chatting before their turn in line finally came. They ordered their choices but then Herb realized he forgot his money.

"No worries, I'll pay for you," Sparkling said to Herb winking.

"I don't need to ea-"

"Too late," Sparkling said grinning as he handed the cashier Herb's share of money.

"Thank you," Herb thanked.

They waited a couple minutes and then they left the stored. Although they did eat in eilnce while wandering around the store to nowhere in particular, it was comfortable. Around the store, Gucci, they both finished their food.

"That was delicious!" Herb said estatically, "We should go there again!"

"Glad you liked it," Sparkling chuckled, throwing both their trashes away, "Do you want to go to this cute decor shop? I heard they sell minature clay plants as well."

"Yes!" Herb squeeled, "I really want cute decor and plants, I don't have enough!"

Sparkling blushed to himself at how cute Herb acted when it came to plants.

"Herb? Is that you?" A voice said from behind the 2 cookies.

Herb's blood ran cold. That voice.. Herb thought, terrified. He whipped around and nearly hit someone's chest. Herb stumbled back to get some space only to look up to see a smirking face, medium messy blonder hair fading the color of lemonds, and lime green eyes. 

Herb whimpered and instinctivly took Sparkling's hand again as the cookie tilted his head in confusion.

"Baby- I mean Herb. Don't youremember? It's me, Lemon drop wine."

----------------------------------

Word count: 782

HAPPY 2023! I'll try posting next week as well, but if I can't I'll post in 2 weeks.

Have a good day/night!