I see you

In a world that is losing its sight she just wants to be seen.
Seen for who she really is.
Don't worry baby girl. I see you. I see you.
I see those deep brown eyes that always seem to smile when she peers into the sky and gets lost among the clouds.
They don't see it but I see it. I see that she looks into the sky and knows that the world is full of possibilities and her sky is limitless.
Don't worry baby girl. I see you. I see you.
I see the way her nose flares up and her bottom lip pokes out a little when something upsets or disappoints her.
They don't see it, but I see it.
That's why I always rub my nose against hers and place a soft kiss on her bottom lip. It always calms her right down.
Don't worry baby girl. I see you. I see you.
I see how she rubs her arms when an unwanted memory springs up.
They don't see it but I see it. I see that just how she wears her heart on her sleeve she also wears her emotional scars. Even her pretty smile couldn't hide that.
That's why I hold her for no reason sometime and gently rub her arms nursing her wounds. So she will know that she will never have to hurt again.
So that she will know that in a world that is losing its sight she is seen.
Seen for who she really is.
That's why I always whisper in her ear, "Don't worry baby girl. I see you. I see you."