Soft Life

Let us go back to the times of our great-grandparents. A more conservative period where roles were well defined and rarely strayed from. Great granddad went to work and brought home the bacon to pay the bills and great grandmom stayed at house and made it a home. She didn't have to work or worry about the financials or any other stressors. She was allowed to be soft. Fast forward to present day where the lines of these roles have been drastically blurred and reconstructed due to societal factors, we see women having to be tough, aggressive, or the most infamous term; strong. I say infamous because today's women take being called strong as more of an insult than a compliment. Women today are tired of being strong and demanding the soft life. What a soft life is? That is the question that I'm going to give my answer to.

Now my initial assumption was that women who wanted a soft life, wanted a life in which they are taken care in all aspects with a particular emphasis on the financial one. When I saw the type of women that made these comments, I realized that these weren't women at all but little girls. Grown in appearance but had a young mentality driven and based upon social media. A very unreliable source. When I asked more mature minded woman the answer, I got was very different.

Like I mentioned earlier in this piece, majority of today's women are exhausted. They don't want to be strong women. Women who persevere. Women who beat the odds. Women who worked hard for all that they have. They no longer want to be known for that. They had no choice but to be those. So, they are choosing the easier route. They are choosing peace over pain. They are choosing happiness over hardship. Softness over strength.

What having a soft life looks like is truly subjective. It will be different from woman to woman. However, the commonality that they all share is that they are choosing, less stress, less work, and more peace and more happiness. Also, I believe that mature women aren't looking for a partner to provide this soft life but rather a partner that they can create the soft life with. A life with mutual energy, mutual effort, mutual understanding, and commitment to one another. A life where you both can symbolically "let your hair down" mentally, physically, emotionally and professionally. I believe all women deserve a soft life. They deserve a life where they feel safe. Where they can truly be open. Where they truly feel free. Where they can truly thrive.

All rights reserved by Darion Bentley