| o n e |

...

-ˋˏ [N E W    Y E A R S ] ˎˊ

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

THE CROWDS in the distance cheer as they all prepare for the count down in celebration of the new year. (Y/n) was amongst the crowd as she sighed, the final day of their holiday trip soon coming to an end at Mount Hakobe. She pulled her sweater tighter around her form as she weaved through the crowd to find an open seat. "At least try to enjoy new years eve, (N/n). There's a clean slate ahead, for the both of us." Her father said, ruffling her hair as he gave her one last pointed look before joining the rest of the adults headed to a separate room, presumably where the bar would be. She gave him a faint nod, sighing in dread as she surveyed the large space filled with teenagers and young adults.

~♫~

ALL THE WHILE Natsu and his Father continued playing against one another in the gymnasium of the resort, attempting to trick one another as practice for the upcoming playoffs season that lies ahead. Natsu shot the ball towards the basketball hoop and successfully it sank past the net. "Guys, don't you think it's time to lay basketball to rest? It's the last evening we get to enjoy our vacation." A voice attempted to reason. Both males looked toward the source to see Zeref leaning against the doors, arms crossed with his eyebrow raised. "C'mon, one more." They pleaded to which Zeref relented and allowed them to do their last shot before jogging toward the doors so that they could head toward their hotel rooms and get ready.

~♫~

WITHIN THE main dance hall, (Y/n) opted to make herself comfortable on a turquoise tub chair by the fireplace, fishing for her phone out of her pocket to scroll through social media.

Meanwhile Natsu hesitantly entered the room, not entirely keen on joining the party of young high schoolers as he slowly passed through the crowd, analyzing his surroundings as he went. 'Man, I wish my boys were here.' He thought, antsy on how to approach people or go about the situation.

His attention was captured by the small stage in the middle of the room, a male tapping the mic and eyes glancing over the crowd with a commercial smile on his face. "Alright, ladies and gentlemen. Tonight we are having a karaoke and anyone is welcome aboard our little platform here. Seems like our crowd is the shy type tonight, but that's fine. I hope you don't mind me choosing our performers?" He cockily suggested to which the crowd entertained with cheers of encouragement. "Alright let's see who we've got here." He continued, scrutinizing the crowd as he stood slightly on his toes to ensure his view of the entire room. "You, guy with the pink hair. Come on up, pal!" He said, giving attention to Natsu as a spotlight turned to shine on him.

He was about to reject, but members of the crowd pulled him toward the tiny platform. Natsu felt irked at the male, but before having the ability to say anything he pointed over toward the fireplace and motioned with his finger for another person to approach. "You, pretty girl in the blue chair. Come on!"

(Y/n) felt as though she was going to jump out of her skin, trying to hide from the crowd yet her attempts were futile as they had only done the same thing to her as they had done to Natsu. She hesitantly stepped up as the male adjusted the microphones for them. He placed the microphone he had used on her stand and quickly pulled them in by their shoulders. "Alright you two, if you don't know the lyrics the screens over there will tell you. The guy's part is blue, yours is pink. Good luck out there!" He cheerfully advised as he then hopped off and disappeared into the crowd. Natsu and (Y/n) looked at each other incredulously as the music started, both fretful as they turned toward the screens in panic.