chapter one

bruce shoved his hands in his pockets, heading behind the school. the place where none other than vance hopper usually hung out. bruce's parents had bugged him about a relationship for the last time. it was all they had talked about on the way in to school. 'bruce honey, when will you get a girlfriend?' 'bruce, when will you finally bring a girl home for us to meet?' why did he need to be in a relationship? he was perfectly fine single, in his opinion. but yet, here he was, on his way to ask a boy out. a boy. what would his parents think? would it upset them? he kinda hoped so, but only too an extent. he didnt want them to be too upset.

now he was nervous. what if they really hated it and got real pissed? kicked him out? or what if vance rejected his idea? then what? he took a deep breath. atleast what he didnt have to worry about was vance not being into boys. he was known for kissing random guys at parties. bruce looked up, noticing he was nearing the curly-haired boy. he tried to talk his nerves down, he didnt want to seem intimidated, because he obviously wasnt. he cleared his throat to get the other boys attention. vance turned his head to look at him. he moved the cigarette he was smoking away from his lips. "um, hi." bruce choked out, mentally cursing himself for not speaking with 'confidence'.

"can i help you?" vance spoke, his tone was cold and low. he looked the shorter boy up and down, he knew he who he was of course. but what would star student bruce yamada want with him? bruce inhaled again. "uhm, let's see, i have a question." he avoided eye contact. "alright, out with it then, i havent got all day." vance waved his hand in a circular motion, waiting for bruce to continue. "right. so, uhm," he wasnt sure what to say. why would vance care? none of it was his problem. "you see.. my parents have been nagging me about a relationship.. and ya know, i thought how do i get them off my back and piss them off?" he swallowed thickly.

"then you came into mind." he pauses. "i'm sorry! i didnt mean that rudely! i'm sure you're an amazing guy, its just youre not what my parents would like, so i thought that fake dating would help me in this situation— shit. i'm sorry— i probably sound so stupid. you dont even know me, and this doesnt even—" bruce rambles on.

"i'll do it." vance cuts him off. "what?" bruce looks at the older boy. "i said, i'll do it." he moved his gaze away from bruce, bringing the cigarette back to his lips. bruce let out a breath he didnt know he was holding, a small smile making its way onto his lips. "thank you! thank you so much—" vance held up his free hand, cutting bruce off again. "don't thank me. i'm just.. doing this so that i wont have so many people hittin' on me. this isn't for you," he lied straight through his teeth. he wouldn't— couldnt tell bruce the real reason. "meet me here after school, we can go to my house to discuss all the boundaries and rules, yeah?" bruce nodded in agreement. "great! i'll see you then." he turned to head to his classes, his smile growing. "yeah, whatever." vance muttered, bringing his attention back to his cigarette.

——————————————————
word count; 602
CHAPTER ONE !! lmk what you guys think!! i hope you enjoyed this so far :)
[edited]