chapter six

bruce woke up to vance's arms wrapped around him. shit. he didn't think they'd stay in the position all night long. he tried to slip out of vance's grip, his face absolutely burning. unfortunately for him, the other boy started to shift. vance yawned quietly before opening his eyes and bruce froze. he took a moment to process the situation before a smirk crossed his lips. "can i offer you a morning kiss, babe?" bruce blushed furiously and he pushed vance away. "for fucks sake vance! we just woke up!" vance chuckled quietly. "what, you don't want love from your boyfriend?"

"no." he sat up, earning a huff from vance. "c'mon, we have school." he stretched and then stood up. "we don't have to go thoughhhh." vance slowly sat up as well, raking his hands through his hair. he tried to get some of the knots out but gave up pretty quickly. bruce shot him a glare. "some of us care about our grades, and futures." vance whistled. "low blow, yamada. i do care about my future, for your information." bruce gasped in shock, sarcastically. "wow!" vance rolled his eyes and elbowed him. "shut the hell up—" bruce chuckled, causing a small smile to spread across vance's lips. "you're so cute."  he murmured quietly. bruce just barely picked that up. "p-pardon?"

"huh? oh-" shit. he realizes he said that out loud. "uhm— nothing. lets just get ready to go, yeah?" bruce nodded slowly. "yeah, uhm, let's do that.
—————————
the walk to school was quiet. bruce had denied his moms offer to drive him to school, he knew how awkward it would be with vance there too. this way, they could walk in comfortable silence. well, almost silence. "so, uhm, your baseball game is tomorrow, right?" vance spoke up. "yeah." bruce nodded. "what time? you never told me." vance kicked a rock, watching it roll before looking at bruce. "one pm," he hummed. "cool, cool. i'm free then." as they near the school, bruce starts to say his goodbyes, but stops himself when he realizes vance isn't making an attempts to part ways. he gasps sarcastically, "you're actually gonna show up to class?"

vance rolls his eyes. "don't be so surprised. i don't want to get held back this year, i figured i might as well start trying." bruce smiled. "i'm here if you need any help in your classes." vance cant help a smile as well. "thanks, brucey." he laughed softly and bruce rolled his eyes. "do not call me that, i let it slide last night but that's it."

"whatever you say, bruceyyy." bruce groaned. "you're not funny." vance chuckled. "personally, i find myself pretty hilarious." he elbowed vance lightly, just earning another laugh. vance held the door open once they got the school building. "wow, what a gentleman." bruce said sarcastically, vance bowed and then followed him. "of course, my love." he grinned. bruce rolls his eyes. they started to head for their first class, luckily they had most classes together. a girl started walking towards them. bruce didn't recognize her, but vance clearly did. she had medium-length light brown hair and dark blue eyes. she had bright red lipstick on, and there was something about her aura bruce didn't like. "oh, look at that." she purred. it annoyed bruce. "finally deciding to show up to some classes, hm, vance?" vance looked visibly irritated. "yeah. whats it to you, hannah?"

"oh, nothing. but maybe you could walk me to class?" she — hannah — smirked. "your class is on the other side of the building, so probably not." vance had clear annoyance lacing his tone. "aw, come on. it wont take that—" bruce cut her off. "he said no." she looked at bruce. they're the same height, but some how she was looking down on him. maybe that's just how bruce felt in the moment. "oh, what's this?" she laughed dryly — although it's more of a scoff. "i never thought that i'd see you two together, polar opposites." a look of distaste crossed her face. "well," vance wrapped his arm around bruce's waist, pulling him close. "we're dating." she scoffed again. "no way." she looked between the two, her gaze stopping on vance. "you are so not his type."

"you don't know what you think you know, because i am." she narrowed her eyes. "kiss."
"what?"
"you heard me. you're dating, so kiss. it shouldn't be a problem, right?" she sneered. bruce wanted to smack that look right off her face. "fine." vance said, turning to face the taller boy. bruce looked at him quickly. "what?" he quietly murmured. hannah crosses her arms. "go on, then." vance starts leaning up. he stops inches away from his face. he locked eyes with bruce for a moment before his gaze traveled down to bruce's lips again. vance licked his lips. bruce's breath caught in his throat. holy shit. before he could think about it, vance's lips were on his. he kissed back, not wanting to blow it.

eventually he brings his arms around vance's neck, playing with his hair. god, he couldn't deny he was enjoying it. he was loving the way vance's lips felt against his — and not to mention vance definitely lived up to his name of being a good kisser. his stomach was doing flip-flops, he couldn't think of anything other than vance. but just like that, the kiss was over. vance was looking at hannah again. "there. happy?" she swallowed, she clearly hadn't been expecting them to go through with it. "whatever." she muttered. "i never really wanted to get with you anyway." she glared and turns away from them, walking away.

vance let go of bruce, but he turned to meet his gaze again. "you really should've told me what a good kisser you are." he turned and starts heading towards their class again. bruce stood there; flustered and in shock. he swallowed harshly before speed-walking to catch up with vance. what was that? why the hell did he like that kiss? he wasn't into vance. he just wasn't. right?
–————–————–————–————
word count: 1,035
you guys are lucky ily i was gonna hold the kiss off for longer but 🤭🤭
[edited]