chapter eight

"what the fuck did you just say to him?" vance had his fists clenched. the other two hadn't heard him walk up to them. oliver flinched. "uhm, nothing. we were just.. talking about you." vance took a step towards him. "don't fucking lie to me, i heard exactly what you said to him, you dickwad. if you said it to him, then i'm sure you can go on and say it to me too." he took another step towards oliver. "vance, please, it's fine— i'm sure he didnt—" before bruce can finish trying to talk vance out of it, oliver cut him off. "fine, i can. you're both fucking fags. its wrong, its disgusting. its not how god intended you to—" he doesn't get to finish the sentence before vance threw a punch at him. oliver fell to the ground. he bought his hand up to his top lip, to feel the blood.

vance knelt down, grabbing his shirt collar. "you better watch your fucking mouth, you hear me?" he pushed vance away. "i only said the truth." he spat. "vance, please—" bruce started again, but he barely got a word in as the fight escalated. it doesn't take long for the coach and some random parent to run over and pull them apart. oliver looked pretty fucked up, possibly a broken nose. vance on the other hand looked in much better condition. his nose was bloody and as were his knuckles, but he didn't look too bad.

oliver's family was pretty set on pressing charges, until bruce spoke up about his side of the story and bruce's dad threatened to press charges, then they dropped it pretty quickly, not wanting that on their reputation.

vance was sat down in the front seat of bruce's dad's car while bruce got the first aid kit and started trying to clean him up. "bruce, it's literally just a bloody nose. i'm perfectly fine. okay?" bruce shot him a glare. "and your knuckles." vance rolled his eyes. "i'm pretty sure it's his blood, anyways." bruce ignored him. he poured some hydrogen-peroxide onto the towel and started dabbing it on his knuckles. "vance, you didnt have to do that." bruce started. "you shouldn't have done it." he shook his head. "yes, i did, bruce. he was being a bitch to you, and totally had it coming. he should've watched his fucking mouth."

"vance, you could've hurt yourself." he stopped trying to clean his knuckles and looked at him. "please, it's not my first fight. he didn't stand a chance." bruce sighed. "but one day you wont stand a chance and you'll get yourself into a mess." he looked at vance, concern lacing his features. "but, i—" he started. "vance, you're not listening to me." he cupped his cheeks. "it doesn't matter that you won this one. my point is one day, you wont. and," he inhaled. "i care about you. i don't want to see you hurt." they locked eyes, neither of them making any movements to look away. bruce started to lean in, but he was quickly interrupted by his dad getting in the car. he let go of vance and they both moved away quickly. vance clearsed his throat.

bruce's dad glanced between the two, he notices the matching pink tint on both of their faces. "uhm, am i interrupting something?"

"nope! nothing! i just finished cleaning vance up and we are ready to go now." vance nodded in agreement. "yup. all set." the drive was awkward again. probably worse than the ride into town. once they got to vance's house, they both got out — much to bruce's dad's dismay — and they headed inside. no one was home, as usual, so they had the house to themselves.

vance yawned. "do you wanna watch a movie?" he asked, just looking for something to entertain them. bruce nodded. "yeah!" he smiled happily, which gets a small smile from vance. "alright," he took the other's hand and lead him over to the couch. bruce sat down and vance grabbed the remote before he sits beside bruce, turning the tv on.

he looked for a movie , eventually deciding on some random horror movie. bruce leaned his head on vance's shoulder. he glanced to bruce for a second, another smile crossing his lips. he slowly wrapped an arm around his waist, pulling him closer. bruce giggled softly. "what?-" vance asked. "that— that tickled, weirdly." he laughed. "really? are you that ticklish?" vance raised a brow. "apparently?" bruce replied with a smile. "ooh. well, in that case—" he wasted no time before using this new found information to torture bruce. he immediately starts ticking his sides.

"van— vAnce!" bruce squeaks out between giggles. "s-stop— it, you douche—" all he got in reply was a smile and a laugh from vance. "vance!" he pleaded. vance finally stopped, still smiling like an idiot. "alright, alright. i'm sorry, i couldnt help myself." he laughed, looking at bruce. that's when the situation hit him — at some point bruce had managed to lay down, and vance was now hovering over him, hands on either side of his head.

blush spreads across his face, and he could see bruce was just as red as him. his eyes flicked across bruce's face, he couldn't bring himself to move, or even look away. he felt stuck, but he wasn't exactly complaining. he felt like he could stare at the other forever. before he could think about it, he feels himself leaning in. for a kiss. another kiss, but this time it wasn't for some stupid girl. it was for them. bruce kissed back. he closed his eyes. bruce brings his hands up to vances hair and ran his fingers through it — with mild complication because it had become slightly knotted again. he savored the kiss, his lips against bruce's just felt so right. and god, he couldn't lie, he had been waiting for this for so long. he had been hoping for this for so long. he shifts his weight so he's holding himself up with one arm and put his free hand on bruce's cheek, rubbing it with his thumb. he continued the kiss for a moment longer before he breaks it and pulls away.

he opened his eyes looked at bruce, who looked slightly out of breath. his hair was messy from the tickle fight. god, he was just so pretty, vance thought. was he even human? he was too pretty for a human. "my god, you're the prettiest boy in the world." vance blurted before he could stop himself. more blush spread across bruce's cheeks and as vance realized what he said, the same thing happens to him. "fuck- i didnt mean to say that outloud—" he sat up and moves away from the other. bruce pulls his knees up to his chest, both of them too flustered to think straight.
      however, one thought is staying pretty clear in bruce's mind — why would vance kiss him? they're in private. no one else was there, no one needed to see them being affectionate. why did he kiss him?

——————————————————
word count: 1,127
kiss #2, take some fluff guys ! better enjoy it while you can !😊
three chapters today again, so tomorrows chapter may be late or come out the next day :)
[edited]