Chapter 1- la diffidenza

"I'm fine!" Giorno calls out to the others, the color coming back to his skin.

"...Huh?" Narancia narrows his eyebrows, confused. He sniffles, wiping his tears. "But you... You looked so sick, like you were going to die any minute," He frowns.

"I'm completely fine, Narancia. Thank you for being concerned about me," The golden haired boy smiles. "I'm going to have dinner now, Bruno got my favorite, right? It'd be quite rude to refuse it. Would you please clean up the bathroom for me? I accidentally knocked a few things over when I blacked out," He brushes his clothes off.

"I mean... I guess I can? Well, I will," Narancia can't understand what's going on. Giorno looked about sick to death a moment ago, and now he's alright? What is the meaning of this?

"Thanks Narancia. Want to play a boardgame later? It'll be a nice break from all of the stand users we've been dealing with," He laughs softly as Narancia puts the bottles back where they were before.

"I, um... Sure," He nods his head, Giorno walking off shortly afterwards. "What...?" The black haired boy whispers underneath his breath, in shock after what just happened. He thinks of Giorno, a mental image of him coming to his head. He tries to focus about as hard as he can, sitting on the edge of the bathtub as he holds the washcloth in his hands. He stares at the gray carpet below him, Giorno's body had made an imprint on it. If he could picture him just right, then maybe...

"...Narancia? Narancia!" He hears a familiar, soft yet stern voice. "Why did you think it was alright to go in there by yourself?!" The spiky haired blonde walks in, sitting beside him on the edge of the bathtub. "You know that if Giorno was taken over by a stand or something, he could have very well killed you?!" Fugo grimaces, placing his hands on Narancia's shoulders.

"Oh... I guess I wasn't thinking logically," Narancia frowns, his amythest eyes dropped. "Sorry, Fugo," He reacts differently from how he usually would. Normally, the boy would snap back at Fugo and the two would have a small argument, then apologize to each other.

"Narancia...," Fugo frowns, sighing. His anger disappears, replaced with concern. "Are you okay?" He asks with a small blush, turning his eyes away. Fugo was really only comfortable with asking Bucciarati such questions.

"To be honest, I don't really think so. I'm worried about Giorno. He asked me if I wanted to play a boardgame later. Giorno's never, ever asked me anything like that. And he was animated, smiling sarcastically like Mista... He never does that," Narancia drops the washcloth from his hands.

"Hm...," Fugo puts a hand to his chin, thinking about the events that had taken place earlier. Giorno tripped and fell, ignored Mista's question, then got up from the ground as if he was perfectly fine. Was it really that unusual? "Don't do it, Narancia. It's better to be safe than sorry, don't you think? You should stay in my room with me tonight. Purple Haze can rid of almost anything. If anything odd breaks into my room, I'll call him forth and have him attack. You and I can escape out the window if we need to," He grabs Narancia's hand, dragging him up from the bathtub. "Come on," The blonde drags Narancia to his room, shutting the door tightly and locks it. He's not sure why, but he feels like he should really board up the door. He moves his dresser in front of it, sliding it against the door as close as he can.

The black haired boy sighs in annoyance, sitting on the edge of Fugo's bed. "You didn't even give me enough time to grab my pajamas!" He folds his arms, turning his eyes away.

"I'm trying to do something nice for you!" The blonde's eyebrows narrow, grabbing a frame off the nightstand and hits the ravenette on the head with it.

"Ow!" Narancia grimaces. "So you drag me in here without my approval, then hit me with a photo frame when I bring up I couldn't even get my damn pajamas?!" He hisses. "I sure hope you have some that I can borrow!" He huffs, turning his eyes away.

"Fine, fine... You're right. I'm sorry, Narancia," Fugo apologizes, ruffling the energetic boy's hair before handing him a pair of black pajamas. "Go ahead and shower. I'm going to call Bucciarati and tell him everything," Fugo sits down on his bed, dialing Bucciarati's phone number.

"Okay...," The black haired boy nods, stepping into the bathroom and closes the door. He leaves his clothes on the floor before he gets into the shower, opening a window to let some fresh air in. As he washes his hair, it brings a small sense of joy to him. Fugo's shampoo is scented like strawberries. Narancia closes his eyes, the warm water feeling nice as it hits his body. He grabs a towel and dries off a few moments later, looking to the window as he dresses himself again. Narancia was never one for the classic cotton button up shirt and long pants. He preferred a tank top and shorts, the boy would get hot at night and it was the only thing that would keep him cooled off. But he wasn't worried about that today, no... He was worried about Giorno. He sat against Fugo's bathroom door as he watched the steam flow out of the bathroom and into the window, a cold breeze hitting against his body. The sky was no longer a beautiful shade of baby blue, it was pure black with just a few stars in the sky. Streetlights were everywhere, flickering on and off. It looked like a horror movie scene...

"Egh...," Narancia shivered, drying his hair off a little more before stepping out of the bathroom. "I'm out. You can go in now," He sighs. "What did Bucciarati say?" He questions.

"He said that Giorno was acting overly nice at dinner, as if he was in a really good mood. He said it wasn't completely odd, as he did buy him his favorite food for dinner," Fugo stretches his arms, setting his phone down. "But I believe you, Narancia. I'm not sure what it is, but I just have a bad feeling," He lets out a deep sigh. "But you've had a big day, right? Bucciarati told me to remind you to go to bed," Fugo steps into the bathroom after grabbing a pair of pajamas, trading spots with Narancia.

"Yeah. You're right, Fugo," Narancia pulls the covers over, getting inside and lies on his side. He can't help but to feel worried as he falls asleep, a few tears dropping onto the blonde's pillow.