Chapter 2- l'incubo

The sound of glass breaking against the floor was heard, followed with a scream. Narancia was sweating, tossing and turning in his sleep. He began grimacing in his sleep, until he had awoken to even more screaming and crashes. His heart was thumping loudly in his chest, his violet eyes darting from side to side as he breathed heavily with fear.

"Narancia," A soft, sweet... Too sweet voice calls his name.

"H-Huh?" Narancia shivers, feeling a chill come all the way down his spine to his feet.

"You... You didn't meet me after dinner like I asked you to. You hurt my feelings... Narancia," The ravenette was met with glowing mahogany eyes, and rusted gold hair. He was wearing a dark, grayish purple shirt along with matching pants. That couldn't be him... There was no way!

Narancia backed into a corner, pulling his dagger out while he broke into a sweat. "G-Giorno! That's not you, is it?" He starts breathing quickly, biting his lower lip as fear takes over his body.

"What? I'm Giorno," The rusted blonde replies, inching closer to Narancia. "Don't hurt me, Narancia... I am your friend. Don't you want to play a game with me? Just like old times," A smile forms upon his lips, and his eyes sharpen.

Just like old times? But nothing feels the same... The black haired boy thought to himself, taking in a nervous swallow as he inches closer. "W-Why are you so obsessed with wanting to play a boardgame with me? You've never, ever asked me to do that! This isn't like old times at all!" He closes his eyes tightly.

"...You're hurting my feelings," The rusted blonde narrows his eyes. "I am Giorno Giovanna! Is it too much to ask you to spend time with me?!" He sounds both upset and angry, and Narancia opens his amythest eyes again. "Well, if you don't want to play a game with me... I'll make you. We're playing Tag," A dark shadow casts over his face. "...Run, Narancia," He whispers softly.

Narancia couldn't describe to anybody, to put it into words, the amount of fear he felt. He called Aerosmith forth, the small toy airplane blasting bullets through the window. He jumped out of the window a moment later, crying out in pain as the shattered glass scratched and drew blood from his body. But he didn't feel anything in that moment, getting up on his feet as quickly as he could as he ran through the streets of Italy.

Giorno took straight after him, the shattered glass not leaving a scratch on him. He followed after him without hesitation, reaching out a hand to catch the shorter boy.

Narancia felt his lungs start to hurt by how hard he was running, and Giorno was catching up quickly. When did he get so fast...?! He grimaces, realizing he may not be able to run for much longer. This simple game of tag didn't feel quite right, like it had a hatred behind it. What was Giorno going to do once he caught Narancia? The smaller boy had no idea, and he didn't want to think of the possibilities. He stumbled over himself before getting up quickly, screaming as he saw the rusted blonde inching closer.

The black haired boy continued to run until he had tripped over one of his pant legs. Fugo was taller than him, and they didn't fit quite right. Narancia couldn't run anymore, Giorno had tagged him and he froze in place. "My lungs hurt...!" He cried out, setting a hand on his ribcage.

"That's good. That means you played hard," Giorno grins, his eyes glowing in the darkness of Italy. "I've got you, Narancia...," Suddenly, a large Willow tree close to Narancia forms a large and thick branch in the shape of a hand. It wraps it's hand around his waist, squeezing him tightly.

"Agh...!" Narancia cries out in pain, thr boy unable to catch his breath. "I... I can't breathe!" He feels horrified, both from what is happening to him and how Giorno inherited the ability to make trees act on their own. He gasps for air, trying to break free of the tree's grasp. "I'm sorry, GioGio...! Just please, let go of me...!" He grimaces, the small boy unable to break free.

"I can't accept your apology, Narancia. I tried to do something nice for you, and you ignored me," Giorno laughs, sitting down on a tree stump as he watches his friend struggle. "How does it feel? I can't imagine it feels good, right? That's the amount of pain I felt when you ditched me," He smirks, crossing his legs.

The wooden hand wrapped around Narancia's waist tightens, keeping the same grip on him. The ravenette spits out blood, tears falling from his eyes. "S-Spiacente...!" ("I-I'm sorry...!") He feels his adrenaline kick on, the boy currently fighting for his life. He tries to push himself out of the tree's grasp, but is unable to.

"Keep struggling, Narancia. That's how you can truly apologize to me," The rusted golden haired boy loses his smile, his eyes darkening as Narancia spits out more blood.

"Aerosmith...!" He calls his stand forth, only for it to be grabbed by another branch of the tree. "...What?!" He can hear his heart beat in his head, and can feel it thump all throughout his body. He's horrified.

"You're using a stand, huh? That's playing unfairly... For that, you'll be punished as well," The tree rips off one of the Airplane's wings, causing Narancia's arm to start bleeding rapidly.

He screams in pain, calling for help but unfortunately doesn't get any answer. "BUCCIARATIIIIII!!!" He screams at the top of his lungs, the loudest sound he has ever produced in his life. He can't catch air at all, realizing the situation is hopeless. Dark green vines colored in white flowers come crawling up to the tree branch, and all around Narancia's head and legs. He cannot move at all anymore, tears spilling from his eyes as he looks towards who he thought was his friend. "You don't understand, Giorno...! I haven't finished school yet, nor have I even found love yet...! There is so much more of my life to be lived, seventeen years isn't long enough!" He cries hard as his violet eyes start to lose their light. "I'm going to die...!"

"You should have thought about that before you decided to ditch me for Fugo. It doesn't feel good, does it? Goodbye, Narancia..."

Narancia's body goes limp. He is no longer struggling, closing his eyes as his world fades out to black.

"Cia... Arancia... Narancia... Narancia!" Narancia can feel somebody's hands pressing on his chest repeatedly, and somebody's mouth breathing rescue breaths into his own.

The black haired boy opens his eyes slowly, trying to comprehend what just happened. "...Fugo?" He questions with a raspy voice.

"Narancia, what happened?!" Fugo looks at the boy with a panicked look in his eyes. "You woke me up because you were coughing and said you couldn't breathe, and then you didn't respond after that!" He frowns.

"Oh. It's just that I, well...," Narancia frowns, realizing that everything that happened wasn't a reality. He was still half awake and confused. "I... Had a nightmare," His amythest eyes drop, and the boy pulls his knees to his chest.