Chapter 6- mio vecchio amico fugo

Narancia's body shook as he huddled beneath the leaves, often letting out small cries and winces. He heard the footsteps inch closer as he held onto his head, until a hand had swept the leaves away.

"...Narancia?" A soft, yet stern voice questions.

The amythest eyed boy is afraid to raise his head, but does not recognize it as hostile. He slowly rises his head up from the ground, letting out a sigh of relief and a small laugh. "F-Fugo... I'm so relieved to see you!" He wipes his tears with his burnt hand, to which the burns left it near unrecognizable and disfigured.

The spiky haired blonde did not have any words to speak at that moment upon taking notice of how severe his injuries were. Fugo took in a thick swallow as tears pricked his eyes, just taking in the moment there.

"...Are you okay? Please talk to me," Narancia coughs, whimpering shortly afterwards. His lungs are so full of smoke that he can hardly catch his breath. Even in a condition like this, he still puts his friends above himself after all.

"Why... Why would you ask if I was okay, you idiot?!" The blonde feels something come up in his throat, and then realizes that he is feeling sick. He walks a bit aways before Narancia can hear him start to throw up.

It causes Narancia to feel saddened, the boy believing that he looked so disgusting that his closest friend had thrown up upon seeing his body. He starts to cry, but not because of the pain or in the situation he is in. Because he made Fugo feel that sick.

"Ugh...," Fugo wipes his mouth with his sleeve, returning to the black haired boy only to notice that he is crying. His eyes widen for a moment before going soft, and he looks saddened. "Narancia, I... I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry if I made you cry. I threw up because I cannot stand to see you like this, you seem to be in so much pain," He grimaces.

"I-I am in a lot of pain, Fugo," He sniffles, avoiding wiping his tears again. It hurt both his hand and his cheek, rubbing the burns together like that.

"I... I know. I can see that you are," Fugo tries to set his personal feelings aside as he lifts the smaller boy from the ground, holding him within his arms carefully. "Come on, Narancia. I found an abandoned hospital that I have been taking refuge in. I am going to try and heal your injuries as much as possible," He takes quiet steps as he inches closer and closer to the said hospital, closing the door behind him once he enters inside.

It is quite a dark atmosphere that the two are surrounded in, with scattered syringes and spilled bottles of cough medicine. He grimaces as he looks near Narancia, trying not to make too much of a scene out of it.

He replaces Narancia's clothes with a hospital gown, something clean for the boy to wear. He removes the bandages made out of Abbacchio's coat, soaked in Narancia's blood.

"Cavolo, Narancia! How much blood have you been spilling?!" He sets the bandages aside, before revealing the bloody wound that the bandages masked.

It would be hard for anyone to look at, bloody and disfigured... Fugo wasn't sure on how to deal with this.

"I don't even look like myself anymore, do I...?"  Narancia questions, his eyes falling halfway.

"Well... I can still tell that it's you. But you do look like you're in a lot of pain," His eyes drop, trying not to worry Narancia too much. He knows he has been through hell and back already, he didn't need to hear anything else that would bring him down.

Fugo starts with disinfecting his wounds. This stung about Narancia's whole body, the boy crying from the pain for once.

"I-It stings so bad...!" He cries, throwing his head back.

"Try to be as quiet as possible, otherwise he might find us again...!" Fugo whispers, shushing him as he begins to clean the boy's burns.

He knew there would be no other way to stop Narancia from bleeding out, biting his lower lip. He wasn't going to tell him how he was going to do it, it would only freak him out even more. 

"...What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" Narancia questions, sniffling as he lies on the medical table.

"...Take this," Fugo hands a small cup of medicine to Narancia.

"Huh...?" Narancia narrows his eyebrows at it, then decides to go with it and downs the medicine. "Okay...," He nods his head before his eyes fall halfway and his head falls back, the boy having fallen asleep.

Fugo had given him anesthesia. The spiky haired blonde removes his belt and wraps it around Narancia's arm, making a tourniquet to stop bloodflow from flowing to that arm. He wraps it around as tight as he can, cringing at the sight.

He is eventually successful in stopping the bleeding and decides that Narancia needs more blood to be put in his body. He grabs a few blood bags that match Narancia's blood type, filling the boy up with the blood that he was missing from before.

He finishes his final medical treatment by rubbing a cooling ointment over Narancia's burns, numbing his burns from hurting him any longer.

After he finishes treating him, he takes a seat beside him and holds his hand in his own tightly.

"Geez, Narancia... Hang in there for me," He whispers, waiting for the dark haired boy to awaken from the anesthesia.