Behind the scenes: The monthly womanly sickness | Haxus x Reader

As the week went on, (Y/n) continued dealing with her period as best as she could. She was very happy that she had found (F/s) at the Space Mall, which thankfully she still had plenty of. The Altean cookies Coran made satisfied some of her sugar cravings after he managed to find the right ingredients. (Y/n) mostly rested during her period, but she still helped out a little until it was done and she could go back to her normal schedule. Haxus became oddly protective of (Y/n), cuddling with her whenever he got the chance; with her period altered mind, (Y/n) loved the constant affection whenever they were together.

"Haxus, I need to go." (Y/n) told the Galran male as she tried getting out of bed only to get gently pulled back against his chest.

Haxus made a sound of displeasure, obviously not wanting (Y/n) to get out of bed. (Y/n) was well aware that Haxus was displaying some kind of Galran instinct that made him more protective of her; it was so foreign to her, but she didn't question it. She had to admit that it was cute most of the time, but at the moment she needed to change her pad/tampon and get ready for the day. Haxus purred loudly while he tried curling around the young woman, unable to control his natural instincts to protect her at all costs.

"Listen, if you don't let me go there's going to be blood everywhere. Bleeding through underwear and pajama pants once this week was annoying enough and I'm not about to do it again!" (Y/n) spoke firmly; there wasn't much of a chance of her bleeding through her clothes since she was wearing a pad/tampon, but she needed to say something to make him let her go.

"Fine, but come right back." Haxus mumbled in response, not caring how soft he sounded; being around (Y/n) all the time brought out a part of him that he didn't know existed.

(Y/n) felt a sense of relief when she was let go, grabbing a change of clothes before leaving her room. Once she was in the bathroom, she couldn't help but feel a little confused as to why Haxus was acting so clingy; she knew that it was some kind of Galran instinct, but she wondered if there was more to it than he was showing. Conflicted about her feelings, (Y/n) couldn't let herself fall for a man who was most likely against interspecies relationships; besides, he was only acting out of instinct. (Y/n) quickly changed her pad/tampon and clothes before brushing her hair and teeth, promptly returning to her room. With the others busy in an important meeting, breakfast had been rescheduled for later.

"Is this better?" (Y/n) queried humorously once she was back in bed while her roommate gently clung onto her.

"Yes, because now you're safe." Haxus mumbled in a barely audible tone, purring loudly while holding (Y/n) close to his body.

"What was that?" (Y/n) questioned with curiosity, not quite hearing what the man next to her said.

Haxus didn't say anything in response, but instead purred louder while nuzzling (Y/n); he enjoyed protecting her despite there being no danger. (Y/n) wasn't expecting Haxus to be so sensitive to her current condition; most men on Earth wouldn't care what she and other women went through. She wondered if Galran women had periods or not; she would have to look it up later when she was alone. (Y/n) smiled and quietly sighed, not caring that she was in the middle of her period. Her period wasn't going to last forever and sooner rather than later Haxus' instinct to protect her would go away; for the time being though, he could indulge himself in it and (Y/n) could enjoy him being completely affectionate.