A misunderstanding {Revised Version}

Recently (Y/n) downloaded a racing game on her datapad and she had a lot of fun playing it, but she wanted to see if Knockout, her sparkmate, wanted to try it. Living aboard the Nemesis could be boring sometimes, but shortly after the Decepticons’ arrival on Earth the cybertronian femme discovered the Google play store and the various games on there, many of which she downloaded onto her personal datapad. Ever since Megatron returned, (Y/n) was careful not to let the games distract her during work hours, but during her time off during the day she liked playing one of the games while she had her energon break. One day while Knockout was taking his energon break in the medbay (Y/n) went to go ask her sparkmate if he wanted to try playing the new racing game she downloaded. She brought an energon cube with her as well, that way they could have lunch together.

"Hey Knockout, would you like to try playing a new racing game on my datapad?" (Y/n) asked her lover when she entered the medbay, carrying her personal datapad in one servo and an energon cube in the other.

"Why? It would be way too easy for an experienced racer such as myself." Knockout scoffed, unsure of why (Y/n) would even bother playing a silly human racing game.

"You haven't even tried it yet, you might like it." (Y/n) argued as she smirked, challenging him.

Knockout looked a little insulted and he frowned; he knew what his sparkmate was doing and he never backed out of a challenge unless his finish was threatened. It was one of the reasons he'd fallen in love with her, she made his life much more interesting when they were alone together and she was always careful around him so that she wouldn't accidentally leave any scratches on his perfect paint job.

"Fine, I'll try it." Knockout said as he took the datapad and placed his energon cube on the counter, accepting her challenge.

(Y/n) smiled and handed him the datapad, then she took a sip from her energon cube since she needed to refuel. Knockout started the game and pressed the controls; he thought the game would be easy, but when he lost the first level he was outraged, so he tried again and again. Knockout made grunting sounds as he dodged obstacles on the road on the screen, quickly becoming hyper-focused so that the little red car in the game wouldn't crash into anything again. (Y/n) would cheer him on by telling him how good he was doing each time he dodged something on the screen.

"(Y/n)! I'm close!" Knockout spoke loudly as he nearly completed the first level, keeping his optics glued to the screen whilst holding the on-screen controls.

(Y/n) smiled as she watched Knockout play the game; she thought it was adorable how he got drawn in by the game so quickly, even after he denied that he would like it. It only took a few more moments of intense concentration and Knockout finally won the first level of the game. He let out a victorious shout as he crossed the finish line with the little red car on the screen; he never expected a simple game made by humans to be so difficult, but he finally understood why (Y/n) liked it so much. (Y/n) beamed a smile at her lover and put her energon cube down so she could kiss him, then she celebrated the simple victory with him. Knockout decided that online games weren't so bad, he wouldn't mind trying out more of (Y/n's) favorite games in the future, but for the time being he wanted to spend the rest of his energon break with her.

  ~ Meanwhile ~

Megatron was on his way to the medbay to check on Knockout; the cherry red medic was known to occasionally leave his post for too long and he simply wanted to make sure he hadn't gone anywhere. With each step towards the medbay door he could have sworn that he heard grunting sounds, although for a moment he thought he was simply hearing things. He also heard (Y/n) mumbling something; it wasn't uncommon for the femme to join her sparkmate during his energon breaks, but there were times when things between the two lovers got heated. Megatron raised an optic ridge as he stood in front of the medbay doors, hesitant to go in when he heard more familiar sounds.

"(Y/n)! I'm close!" He heard Knockout yell from within the infirmary followed by an excited yelp from (Y/n).

Megatron was disturbed at what he was hearing; he heard more grunting sounds before he heard Knockout shout, and it wasn't a shout of anger, pain or surprise. He assumed that Knockout had just overloaded whilst interfacing with (Y/n). Megatron also heard (Y/n) say something about Knockout doing a good job, which was highly disturbing for the ancient warlord. He actually felt very uncomfortable about what he thought that he had just heard; Megatron had walked in on Knockout and (Y/n) interfacing in the medbay more times than would have preferred and he didn't want to do it again. Megatron decided to go for a flight to clear his processor; meanwhile, Knockout had given (Y/n) her datapad back so that they could finish their energon.