❦︎- God Barbatos

Not anime, but Genshin... ehe :,D
•___________________________________•

You sigh as you finally get back to the gates of Monstadt, awkwardly smiling at the guards who greet you as you pass by them. Instantly hearing the pounding of Wagner making weapons and the chatter of the people at the food stand. You make your way to the apartments you are currently staying in and sit in silence staring off into space. You were out on a walk since you've got nothing else to do on the weekends.

Getting up early in the morning to take a walk around Whispering Woods and occasionally picking the lamp grass. You returned early forgetting the places to pick Cecilias and decided to postpone the flower picking for tomorrow.

Cecilia was your sibling's favorite flower.

At first, they would be the ones getting up early to pick them, but after a while, you have accompanied them. They were just their favorite just because they were also a specific god's favorite. After arriving at Monstadt from your home place, your sibling decided to dedicate their life to having faith in the god who loomed over the region. The same god that took your sibling from your side, the one who separated them from you and made you feel miserable like you do now.

"It was an accident," was what you always remembered to tell yourself, to push back that hate towards your sibling as you subconsciously blame them for what happened. You sat around and did random things in your apartment until you decided to go take a walk to the tavern.

Opening the door you were greeted by Charles standing at the bar, "Good evening, y/n. Here to take over my shift?" He laughs, and you take a seat on a stool. You work the morning shift during the week and sometimes volunteer for his night shifts, it's a pretty easy job. "I'm thinking about working during the weekends..." he wipes the table, "I still don't have anything to do." He hums, "Well for a young person like you, you should try to focus on something other than just work. You're at the right age to become more active and find a worthy hobby." You sighed and propped your chin on your hand, "yeah..." he moved back and held up a glass cup, "juice?" You agreed to the free cup of juice and as he gave it to you he said, "You should give a try to painting or singing, and if it doesn't work out I'm sure you can always join the adventures guild."

"So I believe you still haven't found a hobby?" You turn your head to the voice and smile instantly, "Diluc, good evening." He nods and stands next to you, "have you thought of putting what you like into mind? I see you walk around with a handful of flowers, are you interested in them? I'm sure you can do stuff involving flowers." He suggests, once again giving you a hand in helping you think of something to do.

Flowers.

You look back at the cup on the table, "Flowers aren't that interesting... they take time to sprout, become pretty to later die." Diluc hums, "Well I'm sure that you'll find what you want to do if you get out more." He once again calls you out for always being closed in your apartment. He's got quite the jokes. Charles lightly laughs, "Think about things that you like, that might lead you somewhere."

The next day you get up early once again and with the map in your hand with a bag you head to pick out flowers. Greeting the happy people on the way you make your way to Starsnatch Cliff taking the exact path that you and your sibling would take. And with a weapon in hand, you keep an eye out for living things that can come your way.

Monstadt is a nice place, not so diverse but in a good way. You don't have to focus on climbing or hills that you would have to cross to get around. The breeze is always soothing at night, with a wide view of the starry sky, very calming.

Your energy replenishes as you catch sight of the first Cecilia and go to pick it up. You picked the three that were together but still wanted more and continued walking up the cliff. The more you walked the more breeze you felt, and the more quiet it got. With twelve Cecilias at hand, you were about to head back down when you faintly heard music playing.