Chapter One

I sat in the middle row towards the back of the classroom in homeroom. My teacher's name was Mr. Fergus and he had a history of having a short temper and a grumpy attitude. My name is Dean Winchester and I am an 21 year old man in his junior year of college. I look around at the class confidently, I knew most of the faces in my class. Our homeroom classes didn't change much year to year, so we all knew each other pretty well.

I catch sight of a young man who looked about my age sitting a few rows in front of me and closer to the door. He wore a long beige trench coat and had short brown hair. 'Hm... It's interesting that he's wearing a trench coat in this weather, it's so nice today' I ponder his outfit. I stare at him, looking him up and down for a few seconds more before shrugging it off and turning my attention back to Mr. Fergus.

Mr. Fergus was clicking through some slides on the smart board that were probably notes or something. I didn't really pay attention because i couldn't find enough motivation to care, really. I find myself wandering back to the trench coated stranger sitting a few rows in front of me and closer to the door. I wonder what his face looked like. What did he do in his free time. What is his name. Why didn't I know him like I knew practically everyone else in this school. I wish I was sitting closer to Mystery Kid..

I catch myself drifting off about ten minutes later, this class was so boring! I raise my hand so I'll get called on, I want to go to the bathroom to stretch my legs. The teacher calls on me and allows in a few seconds later. I stand up and leisurely walk to the door, taking a side glance at Mystery Kid as I passed him. He was looking down at his paper so I couldn't catch any facial details. 'What a shame' I think a little saddened as I exit the room.

I'm in the bathroom for five minutes in total. As I walk back to classroom, I pass this girl in the hall. Her name was Anna, the girl that I know very well, who has the biggest crush on me . I stop walking and call her over, nows the perfect chance!

"Hey, Anna!" I wave at her and she looks over at me, a smile creeps across her face

"Dean!" She half walks, half gallops over to me and stands a few feet away from me. She looks at her feet and pushes a stray strand of hair behind her ear and blushes. "H-how are you?"

"I'm good! I'm just.. I had to take a breather, Mr. Fergus's class is so boring" I roll my eyes at the thought of his lectures. "And you?"

"I'm good, too. In fact, I had something I n-needed to ask you about" she looks at me, her cheeks were red like tomatoes.

"Ask away" I look at her curiously.
There was a long pause, she seemed to be getting flustered. Her fingers groping her sleeves nervously causing her knuckles to turn white. "W-would you like to go to the movies with me after school?"

A date? I've known Anna for three months now, and she wants to date? She is very pretty, and kind, and funny. Sure, what's the harm. "I'd love to," I smile and take her hands with my own. This made her smile more, if possible. She let out a small laugh of relief. I have a date, it's been a few months since I've dated because my dad won't allow me to do anything outside of school. But he doesn't have to know about this. I'm pleased that she liked me too, it'll make things easier in the long run. I kiss her cheek after a second then whisper in to her ear, "I've got to get back to class, they will get suspicious" and then I pull away. I turn around and she's standing there with a huge, blushy grin on her face.

The bell will ring in about ten minutes, I'm watching the clock closely. I still haven't seen anything about him other than his dark brown hair and his lightly tanned skin and his slightly dark trench coat. I was chewing on the inside of my cheek, my level of impatience was almost at its limit. I don't even know why I was so interested in Mystery Kid; he was just so... So new and interesting. It felt weird not to know everyone in the class.