𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ♛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑

────────────

────────────

FOUR;
THE LOST DAUGHTER

────────────

      WE ARRIVE BACK to the Red Keep much sooner than I would have liked to. The knight that has been with me sends off the horses the moment we arrive. I follow him down the same hall as before, but this time we do not go to the Great Hall. This time we walk down a different path. I keep my hood up. My face will remained guarded until it is clearly stated that I can feeling freely. I dread for that time to come. I do not think I am prepared to face the words that will be said to me then.

          "The King has requested you meet the members of the small council. One of which includes Rhaenyra Targaryen." The knight says to me in a quiet voice. The walls will listen if you speak to loudly. You keep your words hushed and your information to a minimum.

          I nod and follow him to wherever he leads me to go. We pass countless people in the hallway. Maids, knights, keepers. None of them question or even look twice at me. The knight keeps me tight on his arm. We walk at a quicker pace than we had in the past. We arrive at the doors. The knight drops me arm and turns to me. I cannot even see his eyes through the armor, but I know he is looking at me.

          "What is your name?" I ask softly. He shifts slightly on his feet.

          "Leonard Twresky." He answers in a heartbeat. Knights are trained to answer their superiors without hesitation. I nod. He turns and strides down the hallway. One of the guards stationed outside of the doors pushes it open with a great force. The door cracks open to reveal a grand table with seats lining it. There is an enormous window carved at the head of the table, allowing in the afternoon light.

          Each head turns to me, to my shadowed face. I have yet to remove my cloak. Viserys stands at the head of the table. Everyone else stands after he. He motions me to enter. I do as I'm told. The doors close with a thud behind me. I can spot Rhaenyra to my right, she's holding a pitcher in her hands but she has stopped her task as a whole.

          "Council, I want you to meet Desmara, my daughter." He says in a strict tone. Each pair of eyes is looking at me with uncertainty. I remove the black hood from my face. I blink a few times as the bright sunlight hits my pale eyes. Once I've adjusted to the brightness of the room I examine the table again. My eyes soon land on Rhaenyra, who looks as though she's seen a dead person walking.

          She slams down the pitcher and swiftly makes her escape from the room. Viserys tries to call her but his attempt is unsuccessful, as I assumed it would be. My father beckons for me to come closer. I do. I stand at the opposite head of the table, my hands find their place atop the warm wood.