𝐒𝐈𝐗 ♛ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

────────────

────────────

SIX;
THE DRAGONS MASTER

────────────

WAR LOOMS CLOSE, says Viserys. We all know of Daemon's ambition. Now that he had Lord Corlys by his side, with the largest fleet on the continent, he will be next to unstoppable. Daemon wants to reign upon the Iron Throne, Corlys wants to become the most powerful force. The two of them are unbeatable together. Their ambition combined is enough to burn cities.

          Two days have passed since the news. Viserys seems he hasn't slept at all. He's been rounding up the knights of the Red Keep, counting the numbers. His wedding has been delayed until further notice. The walls around the castle seem to grow thinner by the days that follow, as if they too are waiting for the prince and his new partner to strike.

          Everyone at the court seems to be holding their breath in waiting for what may happen next. Every time I look through a window, out at the sea, I'm afraid that I may see a mountain of ships barreling towards us. I fear for my mother's safety. I fear for Sermond and Dayron's safety. I fear for myself, a half-breed with a target on her head, and I fear for my sister and my father, the two biggest targets for the attack.

          The dinner table has been quiet the entire time, each of us are too stuck in our own heads worrying. Viserys, the usual leader into a steady flow of conversation, has kept his head down.

          "Father, I have a request to ask of you." Rhaenyra says a the plates are being switched from the meat to the dessert. Viserys gives a nod for her to continue.

          "I am currently the only dragonrider around, since Daemon has left. Syrax is powerful, indeed, but I'd like to request that Desmara lead a dragon as well. It may be quite useful." Rhaenyra's sudden statement takes me and Viserys by surprise. He nearly begins to choke on his wine. He places the glass down and looks at Rhaenyra for the first time since the dinner began.

          "Desmara was never cradled with a dragon's egg. The dragons will not take a liking to her, she hasn't been around them nearly as long as you." Viserys' gaze lands on me as he speaks. I lean back in the chair, suddenly uninterested in the rich dessert.

          "Syrax took a liking to her of instant. I believe that a younger dragon, like Xareni, will take to her." Rhaenyra makes her counterclaim. Viserys looks back at her with a tilted head. He gently strokes the greying hairs of his beard with a heavy gaze. He's trying to work out of it would be worth it or not.