|Chapter I: Track, Find, Retrieve|

"Imara sent you out to find him, too?" Scout Thomas, she hardly even moved from her position in the alleyway, as she took a deep inhale and sniffed at the air, as silently as she had arrived in the alleyway, Jana Vilkas came out of the shadows to stand in the alleyway beside her.

"I'm the head of the Department of Tracking and Retrieval, of wolfbloods in the city. Imara sent me out to help you, though I sincerely doubt that you will need me." Scout's American accent in her voice completely stuck out, like a very sore thumb in the city of Newcastle, where she had moved after finding out that there was a possibility that her cousin was actually still alive.

Scout had moved three years ago, after getting in contact with Segolia and had been working with them ever since. Using her well-honed tracking skills and natural fighting ability, she rose quickly through the ranks and was now working as the head agent for tracking and retrieval, who has other agents more then twice her age reporting to her. "Besides, if I can't find TJ by my own power, then how could I possibly be good enough to keep my position as alpha of the track and retrieve initiative?" She pointed out to Jana, who sniffed as well with her eyes glowing briefly yellow as her wolf rose, coming out to try and help. "I've got him." Scout murmured softly and Jana growled briefly in annoyance.

"Imara... I think I have lost him. He's good." Jana said to their shared boss, Imara Cipriani, who was listening to them through their earpieces. "Do you still have him, Scout?" Jana asked and a silent nod from Scout, indicated that she still did. "How is it, that you still have him? Even after I lost his scent?" Jana asked.

"I rely on my senses of scent and hearing, more than I do anything else. I spent years upon years... specifically training those two senses more than the others. That is what being a tracker is, for the most part." Scout murmured and after a brief moment of panic from Jana, the two set off running toward the Kafe, with Scout leading the way.

"Can't believe that you've never been inside." Jana said to Scout who already looked sick at the sight of the sign on the side of the building.

"It looks like a rainbow threw up all over." Scout muttered as she walked into the Kafe after Jana, who smirked at the reaction from her.

Jana caught the cup after TJ had spilled the cup after knocking the tea all over one of the girls, that he had been trying to impress.

Scout crossed her arms over her chest, looking at TJ with a stare that indicated trouble. Scout took her earpiece out of her ear, while Jana followed suit and handed hers over to TJ to speak to Imara.

"I shouldn't have had to send Jana and Scout to get you, Terrence. You should have been home by then. If I say be home at 6, Terrence, I mean it." Imara said sharply.

"Yeah, I know... but--" The conversation was very interesting for Scout, and she was at the moment and currently, stifling laughter.

"When I say for you to be home at 6:00, Terrence, I do mean, be home at 6:00." Imara said.

"It's TJ!" TJ shot back in annoyance.

"Six o'clock, Terrence." Came the reply and Scout looked at Jana, who was coughing and right now, she was very clearly laughing on the inside at the words.

"Mum, I can't hear you. You're... you are breaking up. I'll talk to you later, yeah?" TJ hung up and Jana caught the earpiece, as Scout stopped all her laughter at once, clearly at the sight of the annoyance on TJ's face. "I would have been home before she was, and you." TJ said to Jana, who rolled her eyes swiftly. "You're meant to be on my side, the both of you."

"We are?" Jana asked.

"I am?" Scout sounded a little confused about the concept and when TJ turned to growl at her, he realized a second before that she had just been looking for the reaction.

"Remind me why you live on your own... rather than with Imara and TJ or another wolfblood family?" Jana asked and Scout glanced at her with her eyes briefly glowing yellow, as her pain rose along with her wolf and broke the surface briefly.

"Becuase I haven't been a part of a small pack outside of Segolia since I moved here. As long as I get to school on time and keep my grades up, I keep my apartment... well, I guess that you two would call it a flat here in the UK." Scout softly murmured as she was now walking alongside them in a silent manner, absentmindedly rubbing her thumb in circles over the wolf tattoo that she has on the back of her left hand.

"Uh, then why play fetch for my mum then?" TJ asked of Jana rather loudly a bit, effectively breaking Scout out of wherever it was that she had gone in her own head.

"It's my job, Terrence." Scout shot back and TJ realized that he did not have a real answer for that, as he was silently looking down.

"Then why are you playing fetch for my mum then?" TJ asked of Jana and she glared at him with exasperation at the words, in her eyes.

"Don't push it, Terrence." Jana replied.

"Just because you both work for her--"

"With her."
"With her."

"Doesn't mean that you both have to be her lapdogs outside of work too..."

"Lapdog?" Scout snapped, slamming him into a nearby pillar and her eyes shone golden, as she growled a little.

"I knew that there was a defiant wolfblood, hidden in there, all buried deep down somewhere." TJ replied as he chuckled and Scout shoved him a bit as a warning, before she let him go and she continued walking.