|Chapter X: Consequences|

"Stop." Scout ordered quietly as they all did so, as she was listening when a set of footsteps was heard. Darren was walking slowly down the hill and he was looking around as if looking at least for his friends.

Only a few moments after they had spotted Darren arriving at the spot he had meant, Scout growled quietly at the other two approaching scents and when she saw them, she understood at once why Darren's mum had not at all been impressed with her son's two "friends" and she kept her wolf at bay as best as she could.

"So... what is the problem, Darren?" The taller of them two asked and Scout looked at Emilia, as she had decided to keep a steady eye on her, ever since the understandable wolf-like meltdown back at the house, that Darren resided in.

"I told you, they both came to my house. They also had two girls with them one of the girls said that I had been seen." Darren was frantic and at the smell, Matei growled softly.

"Easy." Scout whispered and the growling stopped, as she focused her attention back on the conversation of the trio in front of them all.

"And what did you say?"

"Nothing. I swear."

"If you said anything about us being there too..."

"I wouldn't do that! But if we just went to the cops--"

"No one is going to the cops!"

"It's cool. Daz, we never started that fire. And as long as you keep your mouth shut, the cops cannot touch us for any of that other stuff neither." The taller one said as Emilia had started to growl, loudly, very loud as her eyes changed and her veins were crawling up her body.

"Emilia." Matei whispered and Scout felt the sudden surge of strength that always came before transformation, as she growled softly.

"She isn't doing it on purpose anymore... this is the moon." Scout whispered and she looked down at her hands, as veins were crawling all over and she looked at the others who had all come to the same conclusion.

"TJ... you are gonna have to do the talking." Jana said and TJ looked at them all, as Scout's eyes flashed and she looked at them all. "Just try not to screw this up." Jana said and Emilia transformed first, followed by Jana.

Scout crouched on the ground as a human and when she stood up from the ground, she was standing on four paws. She looked to her left to see the wolf forms of Matei and Emilia, while on her right, was Jana's rather distinct red wolf form.

TJ walked out of the shadows rather casually and Scout softly growled at the others, which was about as close as she could get to ordering them, to stay back until TJ was in real, actual trouble or danger from the three guys in front of them. "All right, lads? Fancy meeting you lot here." TJ wasn't dead yet, so Scout was ready to jump forward if necessary and she could feel it from the others too... all they wanted to do was move.

"Who is this?"

"This is TJ, from school. He is, one of them." Darren explained, and his voice was shaking as Scout was more focused on the other two, the ones that were criminals most likely.

"Right, thanks. So which one of you three is going to tell me about night of the fire?" TJ asked.

"Try talking, to this." One of them held up his fist and Scout didn't give any of them a chance to react, as they all bolted forward and Scout growled loudly at them, as she snarled and the others began to circle the three as she stayed circling, near one of the more dangerous ones with snarling abound.