|Chapter IX: Confirmation|

TJ and Jana stood at the doorbell quietly with Scout, who was looking at the watch on her wrist as the time moved closer and closer to moonrise and she was getting antsy. TJ rung the doorbell twice and they all could hear somebody running for the door.

Scout could feel both of the Covaci siblings watching from a spot by the fence, listening and they waited for the confirmation as to whether Darren had or hadn't started the fire that had killed their parents.

"Yeah?" Darren asked and he was looking a little confused, even a little scared when he saw that Scout was in front of him and she had her hands in her pockets, casually looking at him in a non-malicious manner.

"Oh, Darren, erm, hi, erm..."

"It was him." Scout softly murmured and out of nowhere, suddenly Emilia was shouting at Darren and she was partially wolfed.

"Emilia!" Matei shouted as he restrained his sister, barely, as she was lunging for Darren.

"Emilia! Emilia!" Scout said as calmly as she was able as she carefully pulled Emilia away. "Look at me. Look at me." Scout said and the littlest wolf growled, glaring at her.

"I know how this feels, trust me, I know. But no matter what anger or emotion that you are feeling, you cannot just attack somebody." She said and she shook her head. "You are okay... just keep calm." She said as the girl's eyes changed back to normal and the veins disappeared from her face.

"She is off of her head! Get out, I haven't done anything!" Darren was even more scared now, as Scout stood up and turned around, looking at him and Darren looked terrified.

"Then why were you outside of our house that night?!" Matei had control over his wolf, but the pain in his voice was not so easily hidden or restrained as he was looking at Darren. "The night of the fire?" He finished the last question and Darren's eyes blazed in fear, until it was another voice that broke through the anger, fear and the pain that tore through them all.

Scout pushed Emilia and Matei along with TJ down the steps, and Jana went inside of the house to speak with Darren.

"Well, at least somebody has control of their wolf... what the hell were you thinking?" Scout asked and when she saw Emilia's face, she sighed as she may have been too harsh on the pup in front of her. "I'm sorry Emilia, it has just been a very, very long few days." She admitted.

"Look, Jana has got this, okay?" At the words, Scout and the Covacis were walking around to the side of the brick house to listen. "You are not helping me, here." TJ said and Scout growled at him to shut up as the three of them were listening.

"You're not from school."

"How would you know? You aren't there anymore."

"I told him time again, don't you get into trouble at school or you will end up with no qualifications and no future like all of his so-called friends. And then he goes and does something stupid like that sort. For a dare!" That was Darren's mum as Scout felt heavy pain sinking her, as suddenly her chest hurt so much that she couldn't breathe.

"Scout?" TJ asked and Scout's eyes glowed golden yellow, as she shut her eyes and tried to bring her wolf back, as she choked on whatever she was feeling. "Scout, come back..."

"I'm okay, thanks again to you this time, TJ." Scout whispered and once again, she directed her hearing back to the other side of the wall.

"The kids that I told you about, from the fire. They know that I was there." Darren said into the phone, to whoever he was talking to, and Scout growled.

"You heard him say it. He admitted that he was there." Matei said with a hint of a growl in his voice as although it had yet to make a full sort of appearance, his wolf was getting the better of him.

"He might know that we are wolfbloods." Emilia pointed out and a low growl came from Scout.

"We need to find out who he was talking to." Matei said at once and Scout sighed.

"If there is even a chance that he knows about the secret, even a small chance that he could have seen you or Emilia wolf out in the fire, then we have to go after him." Scout reminded them all.

"But what if they are all meeting after dark? Look, the clock's ticking people, if we are still out when the moon rises..."

"Then I will take full responsibility when Segolia comes knocking." Scout stated and everyone looked at her in a clear form of shock. "Look, I am not just a regular wolfblood who is all too expendable for Imara. I will go after him alone, if I have no other choice, but I would rather have some help."

"We are going and neither of you can stop us." Matei said and he glanced at Scout, who nodded slightly and Scout looked at Jana, who scoffed.

"You are a lot more like Casey, then you would care to admit." Scout was shrugging at that, as she looked at TJ, who was shaking his head at them all.

"Whatever happens, we leave before moonrise. Agreed?" Scout asked, and they all nodded as Scout sighed. "I guess I'm supposed to track humans now." She muttered in annoyance, as they all took off once again, running down the streets quickly, as she caught Darren's scent.