|Chapter VIII: Beginning|

"I told Jana, because she is more likely to get Imara to open up." Scout said as she walked into the school with Matei and Emilia, who had beaten her to school as usual. "Look, I wouldn't tell anyone about this that I didn't trust completely." She pointed out under her breath, as she went to her locker and opened it quickly.

"We know. But, what guarantee do you have that Imara will approve of whatever plan you cook up?" Matei asked and Scout took out the books that she needed and put the rest into the locker again, as she shut it with a sigh.

"I have no guarantee of that, Matei, which is why I told Jana to speak to Imara." Scout murmured and she swung her bag over her shoulder. "We are all going to be late now." She remarked and they separated to their respective classes.

Scout had gotten out of class earlier than the others and she was looking at the drawing of the boy that Jana had gotten from Segolia's technology and Scout could smell the anger and a lot of suspicion from Matei and Emilia from halfway into the school. "You told Segolia?" Matei asked angrily and Scout growled a little.

"In case you forget, not all of us Segolia agents are that bad." Scout said and Emilia winced at the words as she shook her head. "Jana told Imara what I saw, on my suggestion. I couldn't remember where I had seen him before." She said.

"I told TJ's mum. Scout suggested it and, we can trust her." Jana said as the three wolfbloods came over and they all looked accusingly at her for a few seconds. "This is the boy that I saw."

"Wait, that looks like Darren. The boy who got expelled, right?" TJ was always good with faces and Scout was glancing at the drawing again.

"Yeah, that's Darren." She said and was shaking her head. "I forgot him completely, after I kicked his ass and nearly got myself expelled." She said.

"Yeah, I remember him." Matei replied to TJ, as he was tall enough to look over all of them almost to look at the photo.

"A boy from our school... was involved?" Emilia asked and Scout saw the warning anger signs, as she sighed a little.

"We don't know whether he actually did it or not. So, until we have proof of crime that is absolutely undeniable, then we don't make a move." Scout reminded her and Emilia growled. "I mean it." Scout said and a low growl was surfacing in the back of her own throat, as she glared at Emilia and the younger girl ducked her head at the growl.

"We don't even know what he was doing there. But, expelled for what?" It was a rather legitimate question from Jana, who was the only one of them who didn't currently go to school.

"He broke into the school at night and tagged everywhere." TJ replied and Scout spotted the ever-familiar black veins on Emilia's exposed arm.

"Emilia." Scout murmured and the younger girl looked at her arms and she moved them out of sight, as Scout sighed. "TJ and I don't know where he lives, but I know that we know a wolf who does." She said, as Jana looked at her.

"Let me do the talking..."

"So I can watch your trip over your tongue and choke on your words yet again? No, TJ, I have got this one." TJ couldn't even get a response out and Scout was already jogging over to the wolfblood, who was beating down on a punching bag. "Hey Selina." She said and with a growl, Selina turned to her as her black veins, golden eyes and all of the anger disappeared at the sight of Scout standing there.

"What do you want, Scout?" Selina was just joking with the annoyed tone and Scout chuckled.

"I was wondering if I could get that stupid kid's address that tried to bully you last year. What was his name... it was Darren, right?" Scout asked and Selina growled at the mention of it. "I know, I know, but I have a thing that I need to test and I figured, that I could do it on the asshole, who got himself expelled." She said as Selina smirked a little bit.

"He tried to bully me, you mean. I do know his address, like you said, just because my parents marched me down to his house like it was my fault!" A low growl tore through Selina's throat at the mention and she sighed. "Not mad at you, sorry, it just seems totally unfair." She said and Scout moved her arms around her in a brief hug.

"So, about the address?..." Selina chuckled and she held out her hand for the writing book and the pen, as Scout swung at the punching bag a few times, nearly knocking it over and she sighed.

"We should spar a bit some time, if you ever have any spare time at all anymore, that is." Selina joked and a moment later, Scout saluted her with two fingers before she was walking to the group again.

"Uh, hello?" Scout asked as Matei had snatched the book from her hand and she glared at him.

"I'll go 'round, to check and see if it was the boy that Scout saw through Ansion." Jana said and Scout sensed the tension, as TJ was glaring at them all.

"Not without us." Matei shot back as Scout looked at her arms and hands to make sure, that she wasn't veining up all over the place.

"Are you joking? It is a full moon tonight." TJ was acting as a voice of reason mainly because he did not at all, want to have to tell his hurricane mum about all of this later.

"This is about our parents. He might have started the fire." Emilia said and Scout could smell how much the two Covaci siblings needed this, the scent of grieving siblings tore through her nose.

"We just want to see him for ourselves." Matei muttered and Scout looked at Jana, who to her surprise in it, was looking at Scout.

"Fine. TJ, you go home and tell your mum." Jana said and Scout growled at the defiance that was sneaking into TJ and his scent was expelling it.

"No way, I don't think so. We are now all in this together. The wild girl, the american and the two wild city wolves." TJ remarked and Scout's eyes flashed.

"You really don't want to have to tell her, do you?" Scout asked and TJ was growling at her. "That is a confirmed "yes," in my mind." She said under her breath.

"Fine. But you two have to listen to Scout and I. Our way, is the way for this one." Jana said sharply and they were all walking away, as Selina was waving at Scout as they walked away quickly.