|Chapter V: Track, Find & Retrieve (II)|

"The tranquilizer finally wear off eventually?" Scout asked the next morning as she was already showered and dressed for school, while Matei and Emilia were just getting up and the two grumbled. "Food's on the table, but you two need to go home and get ready. Eat your food and then go, quickly. Lock up when you're done and for the love of God, don't you dare keep my keys." Scout said and she tossed her keys at Matei, whose hand shot out to catch them, just right before they hit him in the face.

Scout was checking her watch and she walked right into someone on her walk to school and right away, a scent hit her nose like a punch. "Oh, come on." Scout said as she looked up to see that Imara was there, along with the woman known as Victoria Sweeney and unfortunately, the face that Scout really had wanted to avoid entirely.

"Hey... Thomas." Scout muttered under her breath not-so-subtle at the sight of one of the many fricking security guards, Thomas Marshall.

But he was the worst of them and for the most simple of reasons, for all the hate.

Thomas Marshall was the most morally corrupted out of everyone in Segolia, except for maybe the rogue scientist Alex Kincaid, but he was already dead, to most of Segolia's sort of knowledge. "Hey, kiddo." Thomas' eyes said something entirely different from his monotone and almost pissed off, sort of vocal tone.

"What is this about?" Scout directed her question to Imara, who shook her head.

"Why were you, of all wolfbloods, at the animal park last night?" She asked sharply and Scout drew herself up to her full height, for the first time in three years she wasn't slouching as she glared at Imara with a sharp tone of a growl, in her voice.

"I was doing my job. The job that you hired me for, the one that you got for a tracker. My job is to track down wolfbloods, find them, and retrieve them. Let's go through the madness of the animal park again, shall we Imara?" Imara said nothing in response to it, as she was simply now waiting to see what Scout had to say.

"I was walking home with TJ and Jana, when I scented two wolfbloods and they had already run by me. I tracked them down, to a rundown boat yard. That is finding them, a part of my job, check." Scout counted one of her fingers.

"Then, I lost both of them absolutely temporarily, but I tracked them to the Northumbria Animal Park and found their location by the use of Eolas. If my math is right, two checks." She said and Imara looked frustrated.

"Then after taking calculated risks, I pulled the camera out of the wall and I retrieved the wolfbloods by the names of Matei and Emilia Covaci. I believe that I completed all of the objectives of my job. You are welcome to take away Norway from me, I don't particularly feel like going on a plane trip this month anyways." She said and Imara growled at her.

"Get to school, Scout Thomas, and don't you ever do somethin' so very stupid again." Imara snapped and Scout had no intentions of listen, as she walked away and Scout knocked Thomas' hand away.

"Touch me again, Marshall, and your hand will come off." Scout snapped at the feeling of his hand on her arm, as he shrugged and walked away.

Scout growled as she looked around in a full circle, before she took off and her speed picked up until she was nearly a blur.

She ducked quickly into a nearby alleyway in order to be slightly more hidden with her wolfblood speed and she clambered up onto rooftops and she was running, hopping over any obstacles that came up.

Scout came up to the school and found that TJ, Matei and Emilia were waiting by her locker and Scout raised her eyebrows, as she tightened the strap of her school bag across her back and chest as she sighed.

"This one should be good. What is it this time, Cipriani?" Scout asked and TJ shook his head.

"Actually, it was us this time, who wanted to talk to you." Emilia said, and Scout looked at her and looked at TJ, who nodded very slightly in confirmation.

"All right. Just move already, so I can get into my locker." Scout said quietly as they looked surprised. "What is it now?" She asked very quietly under her breath.

"I think it is the realization that your tone of voice last night, is virtually the complete opposite of what you use, if you are anywhere other than Segolia."

Scout looked at TJ with not-so-subtle surprise in her eyes and she sighed at the words. "I guess that I do act pretty differently." She admitted and her cell phone rang. "Oh great." She said and looked at TJ. "Will one of you cover if I'm late for class?" She asked and they all nodded, as she accepted the call.

"We need your help with tracking down a wolfblood. We need you to start on this immediately, your teachers will receive a note shortly and your principal will announce it. Go now." Victoria Sweeney was the one who was speaking and Scout sighed, as the phone hung up and she looked at the three wolfbloods, who were all trying and absolutely failing to pretend like they weren't listening.

"Whatever you can ask me, you can probably ask Jana as well, all right? I need to go. TJ, can you get my homework and drop it at mine?"

TJ nodded at the words, as Scout took off her tie, and she grabbed her much more informal jacket. "Be careful and don't skip TJ, or I'll know." She said with a warning tone and swiftly took off down the hallway, as she looked at her watch as she slipped her earpiece into her ear.

"Scout is online. Who is the wolfblood?" Scout asked and in the background noise, she very suddenly heard a whimper from far away.

Scout took off running and even before she knew it, she was running and out of nowhere, she found herself on the moor.

Scout looked around and she tipped her head back, as her howl, it echoed across the grassy hills and a plain of wavy green grass up to her knees.

Scout suddenly spun around and she let out a low growl as there was a pair of yellow eyes staring at her, from just under a bush and Scout's eyes narrow quickly. A familiar scent suddenly hit her like a hammer.

Wood smoke, cedar wood, cooked barbecue... the smell of home, and Scout's eyes watered and tears started to fall... right up until she realized what it must be. Or to be more correct, who.

"Casey?"