Chapter Four-Dinner at the Inn; London; 1846

Count von Driscoll saw the blood-red curtains. Two huge black colored lamps illumned the foyer of The Shaking Blood Inn.

       Two statues of Vampire Bats were cast in stone. They had massive wings. And their clawed feet could rip humans' flesh off the bone.

         "But they're not alive, M'Lord", Henriq said.

         "Of course they're not, you fool!", Claus von Driscoll. His large, black colored cape flapped down his back; his black colored boots thudded onto the hard ground.

         Henriq wore a black colored servant's cloak, black colored breeches, a black colored belt, and black colored boots on his small feet.

            As they went through the curtains, a tall vampiric woman appeared.

            "Good evening M'Lord. How are you this unholy, bloody night?", Lady Vivicia DeMaer asked in a South African accent.

               "Awful, M'dear. Nothing has happened in a long time. The blood wars of the past between The Carnavan and Balaign families have proved fatal. As for the other three Vampire Families, their time of power has vanished. In a way, that has been good. There's so much blood shed over the years, that the power struggle has changed. In short, there's the Witches of the Dark Order at the Castle of Mist Gate. Or whatever they're called. There's no real Guardians. Anyway, may we have a room for several nights...and a table? We've travelled a long way from Germany to come here", he said.

              "Germany? Why, there?", asked Lady Vivicia DeMaer asked.

                "Business. Alas, it's always business...Not pleasure", Claus von Driscoll answered, "...And Henriq", he added.

                 Lady Vivica DeMaer glided forward.

                  "Come to my private chambers M'Lord. It's upstairs...first door to the right", she said seductively.

                    "After dinner M'dear", Claus von Driscoll kissed her mouth.

                    And he followed the Vampire owner to the large, black colored gothic table, where they sat around two black colored seats, and rested their tired feet, as they enjoyed their dinner.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Page 4