Chapter Ten-Thomas Gaines-Part 2; London; 1846

"M'Lady, is it far?", Thomas Gaines asked.

       "No. Now, hush", Dresmonda, The Witch answered.

        Samhain hissed at him.

         "That cat of yours is angry M'Lady", Thomas Gaines said, as its right claws scratched him. "Ow!", he yelled, as fresh blood from the scratch caused him to stop.

         "He is my familiar!", Dresmonda, The Witch yelled.

          "My apologies! I need some ointment", Thomas Gaines said, as he felt the scratch to pulse. Dresmonda, The Witch was begun to clapped her hands thrice.

              And, as the scratch was healed, she sighed.

              "You're not worthy of my time, human", Dresmonda, The Witch said.

              "I can leave M'Lady", Thomas Gaines said.

              "You're bound to me, human; you're not bound to anyone else", Dresmonda, The Witch yelled, as she dragged him along by his right ear forcefully.

__________________________________________________________________________________

The gothic walls of Mist Gate Castle loomed over them.

                The wrought-iron gates were still around.

                 And so was the severed heads that were stained in old blood.

                 Several new witches shivered at the gory sight. It was true that they were witches-but they weren't Vampires.

                   Thomas Gaines saw the heads and threw up.

                   And he knew that this wasn't the place to serve the Witch.

                    "May I look for another place to live M'Lady?", Thomas Gaines asked, once he'd had recovered.

                     "Never. This is our home. There's the woods. Of course, I don't want you to be afraid. You must believe in Mist Gate. Yes, there's been Vampires. But they're gone now. And we have to go ahead and live here", Dresmonda, The Witch answered. She followed Thomas Gaines's gaze. He took a long, deep breath.

                      "Then we'll go ahead M'Lady", he said.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Like Lord Simon Carnavan back in 1822, Thomas Gaines walked up the cobbled steps of Mist Gate Castle.

                     But, unlike the young 12 year old boy back then, he thought of a old story:

                       That of The Carnavan Vampire Family:

                      One daughter who seduced Village girls and used black magick to summon demons; one who seduced Village girls by forcing her will upon them during sex.

                        But the other daughter, Gemma, was a killer. And she was straight. She bit villagers' necks; she bit  villagers' faces off; and she beheaded villagers' heads off with an axe, and rammed their heads onto the wrought-iron gates of Mist Gate Castle...because she enjoyed the blood gushing all over the piked gates, as a warning to her enemies not to come to her Castle. And, because of her violent ways, Lord Carnavan sent his daughter into the Servant's chambers, because he and his wife, (and daughters), were so afraid of Gemma that their lives..And one of the Vampire girls bit a boy named Simon. And he was turned into the Undead three nights' later. He later become the husband of Gemma Carnavan. And they had had a son called Thomas.

                    Thomas died young.

                   But there times and dates of his death was unclear. Was he really dead? Did he survive?

He stared at the large, black colored columns. They were still there; they were always there. Thomas Gaines walked towards the statues of demons. Their black colored eyes pierced his soul. Black colored vines strangled around the statues, in an unnatural embrace.

                    Dresmonda, The Witch ignored the demonic statues. Samhain hissed at the statues. The statues didn't move-yet.

                      She headed inside the Castle.

                      And that was when the the other Witches greeted her.

                    "Welcome home, Dresmonda", Christina DeMorgue said, and they hugged each other.

                  "This is my servant Thomas Gaines", Dresmonda, The Witch said.

                  "Greetings M'Lady", Thomas Gaines said, as he walked back inside Mist Gate Castle, "...At least there's no Vampires", he added, as he rested his tired legs on one of the black colored gothic chairs in the huge Loungeroom, and sighed with pleasure.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Page 10