Chapter 6

---------------------------------------------
T̳̿͟͞h̳̿͟͞e̳̿͟͞ N̳̿͟͞i̳̿͟͞g̳̿͟͞h̳̿͟͞t̳̿͟͞ B̳̿͟͞e̳̿͟͞f̳̿͟͞o̳̿͟͞r̳̿͟͞e̳̿͟͞
--------------------------------------------

A day has passed since the incident during Melone's mission. Prosciutto was the one who offered Risotto to pick me up; as Melone drove back home on his bike.

Prosciutto gave me a worried look through the rearview mirror as he saw my tattered form. My expression was unreadable. "Cara, stai bene?"

His response made me glance up at him; confusion laced my face.
"Are you alright?" he repeats. I nod understanding. He shakes his head gripping the wheel a bit harder.

"I'm worried you know." Prosciutto cleared his throat to continue.
"Why did you agree to go with him?"

My lip quivered a bit as he continued. "We care about you a lot kid, whatever happened that night happened. Though, the fact that Melone left you with his target baffles me." My body starts to shake more.

"I'm sorry," I uttered out. "I wasn't even thinking alright..." I bite hard on my lip; causing it to bleed.

"Quit that shit!" Prosciutto boomed out. "You're hurting yourself!" I lessened the pressure on my lip.

"Please calm down, we're almost home. I'll convince Risotto to talk to you tomorrow alright?" I shook my head to agree to his proposal.

------------------------------------------------

Prosciutto arrived inside the house;
I followed behind him, gripping onto his suit. I heard loud yelling in the living room which causes me to grip tighter on Prosciutto. "Shh, it's okay." he patted my trembling form gently with care.

As we got closer to the source of yelling; we both saw Melone who was being lectured by an angry Sorbet and Gelato. Risotto watched silently, sitting on his plush chair; palms folded.

Prosciutto entered the room, causing the four members in the living room to glance at me.

"Figlio di puttana! Cosa hai fatto?" Gelato exclaimed enraged; shaking Melone repeatedly. "I said I'm sorry!! Don't touch my balls!" Melone cried out.

"Sorry won't cut it! My sweet bambina piccolo was hurt! Because of your stupid actions!"

Risotto cleared his throat; causing the room to quiet down. "Enough." Risotto's hoarse voice spoke out.

"It's late, we'll discuss this tomorrow. Gelato, let go of Melone. I need him in one piece, and you're all dismissed." Prosciutto left the room; leaving only Risotto, Melone, Sorbet, Gelato, and me.

"Clarice, we're speaking tomorrow. Remember that." Risotto finally stood up; gripping Melone and dragging him to his office.

The room was finally calm. I heaved out a heavy sigh; because of all the tension. Sorbet and Gelato rushed to my form hugging me.

'Why do I feel so emotional...I have only known them for a couple of weeks...' I tremble once more at the comfort they were giving me. 'But why...Do they care so much...I feel like a burden.'

Gelato felt his shirt wetten; his eyes meeting my puffy ones. His expression softened. "I'm sorry." I kept repeating, as I wiped my face. Sorbet and Gelato glanced at each other; expressions filled with worry.

"Is there something we weren't informed about...?" Sorbet asked as he was rubbing circles onto the small of my back. I nod, sniffling.

"I...never...killed...someone...before." My mind flashes to the crazed moment I had earlier at the brothel. Gelato looks at my tattered clothes; looking even more concerned. "Did the target to this to you?" I flinched a bit.