Part 2

Sandy slammed her locker shut. "Everything cool?" She jumped as Eddie leaned against the locker beside her. "Someone's jumpy today." He observed. "Just tired." She answered, pulling her hair back into a ponytail. She started walking away, and Eddie trotted after her. "Are you sure you're good?" He asked fidgeting with the rings on his fingers. She sighed. "I'm fine Eds, but thanks for your concern." She smiled at him. "Wanna come to band practice today?" He grinned. "You know I can't say no to the opportunity to watch a bunch of dudes hit each other with instruments and argue like a bunch of toddlers, only to realize they have a show next week and they don't have a song planned and will probably have to make one up on the spot because the same thing is just gonna happen the next practice too." She rolled her eyes. Eddie chuckled, knowing she was right, and that there was no point in arguing. "So that's a yes?" "Yes Eddie, I'll be there at six." Sandy pecked him on the cheek and disappeared into the crowd of kids in the hall. He was grinning ear to ear as he walked to his next class.

A little while later, Sandy had her favourite class, art. She sat at the very back of the classroom, kind of glad that no one sat beside her. Five minutes in the door opened and a tall kid with a dark green mullet and glasses stumbled into the room. They wore a black Metallica tank-top and black ripped jeans. Sandy squinted, but she couldn't tell if they were a boy or a girl. "Sorry I'm late..." the kid huffed. "Well, I'm hoping your timing will improve over the year." The teacher crossed her arms. "This is our new student!" She yelled, which wasn't necessary, given that the whole class was silent, studying the new kid, who was just awkwardly standing there, fixing their glasses. "Introduce yourself!" She whispered. So far, Sandy didn't like this teacher. "Uh...I...I'm F-Frankie..." the kid stuttered. The teacher frowned. "Ok class, I hope you'll all welcome him-" "them." Frankie interrupted her. "What?" "My pronouns are they/them unless I say otherwise." Sandy could tell they weren't trying to be rude, just defending themselves, but the teacher narrowed her eyes and scuffed. She ignored what they said and turned back to the class. "I hope you'll make Him feel welcome here." She said, before telling Frankie to go sit down and continuing with the lesson.

Sandy smiled kindly at them as they approached her. "Is it ok if I sit here?" They asked, pointing to the empty seat beside her. "Of course! I'm Sandy by the way." She smiled and held out her hand for Frankie to shake. But for some reason, telling them her name felt wrong, like she was lying, in a way. This wasn't her first time feeling this way. It was almost as if she felt like she was in someone else's body, and she was introducing a stranger when she said her name.

Her and Frankie talked the whole class, and decided to sit together at lunch. They walked into the cafeteria and Frankie waved to a boy sitting at a table alone. "That's my boyfriend, Oliver. He switched schools with me" They grinned. She followed them to the table and sat down with a smile. She Waved at Eddie, who was standing at the door scanning the room for her. He smiled when he spotted her and started walking toward their table. "That's my boyfriend, Eddie." She told Frankie. "He's cute, how long have you been together?" "Since middle school, how about you too?" She motioned to Oliver, who was smiling at Frankie. "Three years now, I think. Right Oli? Earth to Oliver! I know I'm pretty but there's no need to stare." Frankie snapped in their boyfriend's ear. Oliver blinked and blushed a deep red. "Sorry! Zoned out." He Gulped nervously. Frankie just smiled and winked at him, making the poor boy blush even harder. Sandy sighed as Eddie approached the table. Her and Ed had long passed the blushing and giggling phase, although he still flirted mercilessly. Robyn had explained the honeymoon phase, and Sandy didn't think much of it then. But she realized now, watching Frankie steal a fry off of Oliver's plate, and then whisper something into his ear, making them both giggle and blush, how much she missed the good old days.

Sry for another short chapter, I'll update again tomorrow I hope. Have a good day :)