Part 5

Steve looked at Simon with a panicked expression. Simon gave him one right back. Their mother was very religious, and often expressed her hate for the gay community. That tiny detail had managed to slip from Steve's mind the whole day. She froze when she saw Steve sitting there.

~time skip because I'm lazy~

Steve rolled his suitcase down the street, tears streaming down his face. The bruise on his jaw stung like hell, and his throat was sore from yelling. He tried calling Eddie, but to no avail. He called Robyn, but she didn't answer either. He pulled his suitcase into the trailer park, but Eddie's van wasn't in its usual spot. He knocked on the door of Eddie's trailer, but there was no answer. He sat on the porch and waited, pulling his knees to his chest. It was early September, and a chilly breeze went right through his thin jacket, and he began to shiver.

As he sat there, he began to think about what would happen tomorrow. He knew everyone at school would probably hate him, but at least he had Frankie and Oliver to hang out with, and maybe Robyn would still want to be his friend. He tried calling Simon, but it went to voicemail. His phone started to die, so he tried calling everyone he knew one more time, But no one answered. He was alone.

Just for a minute, he regretted how selfish he'd been. Thinking he could just change so drastically and then expect to still be thought of the same. He put his head in his hands, tugging on his hair. He wanted to cry, but all his tears were gone, wasted. He wished that he'd known before, that one can throw away love just as fast as they fell into it. He knew Eddie loved him, but so did his mother, before she threw him away like a piece of garbage. At any moment, Eddie could decide He was bored and threw Steve away too.

He realized that lovers are like car's. You're so happy when you get your first one, even though it's rusted and used. It takes you to places you never thought it would, and you love it, even if it breaks down sometimes. But as you get older, people make fun of you for your old clunker, they tell you it's not perfect, so it's not worth all the repairs and struggles. So you leave it behind. You find yourself a brand new shiny car that doesn't feel quite the same, but everyone loves it so you drive around town showing it off and you forget about the old rusty machine you used to call a car. Eventually, you'll get bored of your shiny new ride, and find a new one that's just a little bit better. And you'll go from car to car, and slowly, it won't matter what your car looks like, because no one else cares anymore. And it will make you think of that old rusty car you used to call a friend, and you'll wish you had just a little more time with it, just one last road trip, one last summer day driving around town with the sunroof open and music blaring from the old scratchy speaker.

But nothing can last forever, no matter how much you wish they would. even love can rust and fall apart.

Have a good day :)