Part 3

That night, Sandy couldn't stop thinking about the conversation with Frankie. An idea came to her. She took medical tape from the bathroom and wrapped it around her chest until it was almost flat. It hurt like hell, and left stinging red cuts in her skin, but that didn't matter. She kept making it tighter. The pain brought tears to her eyes, but it felt good in a way. She turned to the side and admired her now flat chest, and the tears started running down her face. But the tears were different now. Tears of happiness. This was what she wanted. She didn't want the body god had given her. He wasn't a she. Not on the inside.

Sandy grabbed a pair of scissors and locked himself in the bathroom. He brought the scissors to his hair and squeezed his eyes shut. After the first snip, he had no regrets. A smile came to his face as he watched his stupid hair fall in a ring at his feet. He cut it to shoulder length, and was about to go shorter when there was a bang on the door. He jumped, instant terror filling him. No one was supposed to be home. His mom was at work and Simon was at a hockey game. "Sand, are you in there?" Eddie's voice should have calmed him, but it only scared him more. What would Eddie think? Would he still love him?

Sandy didn't answer, just collapsed on the floor with a sob. He gasped as the door swung open. Eddie stood there panting, a bobby pin in hand. He froze at what he saw. His baby, his love, crying. He ran to his lover's side, quickly wiping his tears and gently taking the scissors from his hand and putting them on the counter. "What happened my love?" Eddie sat beside Sandy and pulled him onto his lap. "I don't know Eddie...I don't know who I am...but I'm not a girl."

"No, You're a handsome, strong boy. My boy." There was a moment of silence. "Are you mad? I'm sorry..." a tear dripped down Sandy's cheek. "No! Of course not my love, I wouldn't care if you had six eyes and polka dots, you'll still be my baby." Eddie pulled his lover into a hug. When they pulled apart they were both smiling. "So, what do you want to be called?" Eddie asked his boyfriend with a kind smile. "Well, I've been thinking, and I've decided on Steve." He answered with a grin. "Alright Steve, come with me, we're going shopping." Eddie said, helping his boyfriend stand up. "What about band practice?" Steve asked. "They can go one day without me." Eddie gently kissed his nose. He frowned when he saw the fabric around his lover's chest, which was cutting deep into his skin. Without another word, he slowly unwrapped it and cleaned and bandaged the wounds. The whole time, Steve watched Eddie's gentle hands work, feeling a strange sense of calm.

Eddie helped Steve get dressed and sweep up the hair on the floor. Steve left a note for his brother and followed Eddie out to his van. The ride to the mall was quiet, both boys lost in thought. They pulled into the parking lot, and Steve started getting kind of excited. Eddie took him to the barber shop, and he sat in a chair with a nervous smile. The barber grinned, spinning the chair around so Steve was facing away from the mirror. "What are we thinking today?" he asked with a cheerful smile. "I don't know, surprise me i geuss." Steve shrugged. Eddie have him a thumbs up as the barber began cutting. After today, Everything would be different. After today, Steve would finally be himself for the first time.

Sry for all the short updates. Let me know if the story is going too fast. Have a good day :)