4.

                       ───※ ·❆· ※───

                     She didn't sob or wail. Her suffering was discreet but as persistent and almost as silent as bleeding from an unstitched wound. She felt nothing.

She was lost in her sense like it was an endless dilemma.

Her father shook her shoulders to snap her out. She tried to but failed as her eyes became damp, but she held herself in front of her father.

"Jin Su-jin! Snap out of it!" His strong and scary voice rang out in the empty dark room. She didn't even realize where she was till now. The familiar yet cruel dark hall of the secret room felt like it was going to swallow her alive, adding to the numb feeling rising in her body.

"Father! I killed him..what am I suppos-" She was cut off by the man's booming voice, which caused her to flinch. "Do you have any idea what you just did?! You. You just killed a soul shifter!" Her eyes widened as she heard what he said and stared at him in utter disbelief.

"But f-father what about Ji-hun?" She asked as he was staring directly at her with what she distinguished, as pride in his eyes for the first time in her life. She was so confused and her patience was running low.

"He wasn't your brother and you know that!" Of course, she knew as she was the one who looked in his familiar yet evil eyes. She was the one who pierced her sword through his chest and yet she couldn't erase that image from her mind. Her gaze fell on her shaking hands, which were covered in blood.

"Father, please! We have to find him. We have to find Ji-hun! He might be alive!" She said as she stepped forward towards him, looking him straight in the eyes. He shook her off him and looked at her like she was crazy. "Are you out of your mind?! Didn't you listen to what the man said, he said your brother didn't find a body! He failed the spell. He drifted off! He is gone!"

Every cord of her body screamed to not acknowledge him, to go out and find her brother, her heart didn't want to accept the fact that he was dead, because if he was it meant that she lost him, she lost her other half, she lost herself.

"But h-how did it happen? There must have been a reason why he tried to perform the alchemy of souls as he knew he wouldn't be able to handle the spell?" She ambled not realizing what she was saying, striding back and forth, eyes focusing on nothing but everything at the same time, her mind felt like it was frozen but her heart felt like drowning.

Jin-mu turned around swiftly to look at his daughter as her words sank in "How did you know that he performed alchemy of souls?" He asked as she stopped and faced him. His face was neutral but his eyes said what he feared, fortunately for him, wasn't caught by the girl.