vi.

( chapter ) six

( chapter )
six

JULIET DAWSON AWOKE THE MORNING after the party feeling as though she had been ran over by a stampede of centaurs.

Her head was pounding and every noise that was created around her seemed to be amplified a million times. She smelt like stale alcohol (even after her shower late that night) and her clothes were discarded around her bed.

Juliet knew that she looked a mess, but she couldn't bring herself to care as she lifted the duvet up just enough so that she could see the alarm-clock that rested on her beside table.

She squinted at the light and it only made her head hurt more. It was already half-way through her second lesson of the day and Juliet knew that even if she did attend, she wouldn't be paying any attention.

So she made the sensible decision to skip classes for that day.

Lennon watched from his place on Alice's bed — his eyes wide and his ears pointed as he let out small meows — while Juliet rolled over in her bed and made herself comfortable as she tried to go back to sleep.

Marlene, it seemed, had different plans for her.

"Rise and shine!"

Juliet let out a grumble and pulled her duvet over her head without even sending a glance in the direction that Marlene had shouted from.

"Wake up sleeping beauty!" Marlene sounded too awake and lively for that time in the morning; especially considering that she was drunker than Juliet and hadn't even been in her bed when the girl came up.

"Piss off."

"Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?" Marlene grabbed the end of the duvet and harshly tugged on it so that the top half of Juliet's body was exposed to the cold air that engulfed their dorm.

Juliet looked in a daze; her hair was still slightly damp from her shower but standing up in random directions; her lips were swollen and there were bruises covering her neck, shoulders and the curve of her boobs — the fact that she was only wearing a bra and kickers did nothing to help hide the marks.

"No. I kiss your mother with this mouth."

Marlene blinked at Juliet, clearly unamused as she held the end of the duvet in her hands.

"Get your ass out of the fucking bed."

"No." Juliet pulled her duvet back over her head swiftly. "Leave me alone."