ix.

( chapter )nine

( chapter )
nine

JULIET DAWSON TRIED HER BEST to suppress the smile that desperately wanted to appear on her face as she looked down at the two cards that were in her hands. However, she couldn't hold back her smile any longer as she placed the green four down on the pile of cards in front of her.

"Uno!"

"Again? Seriously?"

"Actually fuck off, Jules."

"I swear she is keeping cards up her sleeves." Sirius muttered to Remus, who was just looking down at the card Juliet had just played with the smallest hint of a smile on his face as he shook his head from side to side.

"I'm wearing a sleeveless top, you knob-head."

"Fine then. Your fucking cat keeps stealing them." He sent a slight glare at Lennon who was snoozing on the arm-chair Juliet was leaning against. He looked up when he heard his name and let out a small hiss while looking at Sirius, but then Juliet gave him a small stomach rub and he soon fell asleep again.

"Leave my son out of this you freak. You're just jealous that my son has a mum who loves him."

She and the the four marauders sat in a circle in the middle of the Gryffindor common room, and for the first time in six years, they were all silent as they focused on the game of uno that was going on. Uno definitely brought out the most competitive side of all of them, and as vicious as they could all become, they all also knew it was a joke.

All of the four boys looking at their cards and hoping that they could stop Juliet before she won yet another game.

Juliet would swear on her tiny tits that the four boys were putting more effort into this than they had their O.W.L's the previous year.

James was trying to peer over the top of his glasses to get a look at Juliet's card before he placed down his card. When he realised that she was holding the tight close to her chest and that he wouldn't be getting a look at it, he begrudgingly placed down a green three on top of Juliet's card.

Peter sighed at the more than half a dozen cards that were still in his hands — having been the victim several times to their pick-up-ones and twos. He glanced at the card that James had placed down a couple of seconds before and it was with another sigh that he reached and picked a card up from the pile. Everyone let out laughs as Peter began to fan himself with the cards in his hands.

Sirius looked as if he wanted to scream as he narrowed his eyes at Juliet, as if he had suddenly mastered occlumency and was trying to read her mind to figure out what card she had left. He stared at her for a few minutes and the entire time Juliet just stared straight back at him. Without breaking eye content, he placed a green three on top of James' card.

Juliet let out a little laugh to herself, the only card that she had remaining was a green one, and if Remus was to place a green card then she would win. She looked up at Remus to see him smirking at her, one of the smirks that she had come quite accustomed to in the last couple of weeks and one they never meant anything good.