x.

( chapter ) ten

( chapter )
ten

JULIET DAWSON WAS VERY SURPRISED when she saw the first Christmas tree being decorated with tinsel, candles, baubles and hundreds of ornaments in the Great Hall. It felt as if one minute it was Sirius' birthday and the next people were chatting about their plans for Christmas and excited to go home for the holidays.

She thought that her sixth year was going ridiculously fast, which she didn't want to happen as it would mean that she would start her final year at Hogwarts much sooner than she wanted to.

But, after Halloween, Christmas was Juliet's favourite holiday. There was just something about the food, the atmosphere, the sights — everything. Christmas was the most magical time of the year, and the Gryffindor's love for Christmas had only grown since she started at Hogwarts.

If she thought that her town was fancy, placing lights on the lamp-posts, hanging tinsel and wreaths on the doors of shops, wrapping lights around the trees, everyone in her small town coming together to celebrate the holiday on one specific day and having a fake Santa drive through the town on a Sleigh pulled by a donkey or two — but it was as nothing on what happened at Hogwarts.

The castle was decorated from top to bottom, not an inch of the entire castle wasn't touched by some form of a festive decoration.

The suits of armour that stood in the corridors were decorated by wreaths, garlands and tinsels wrapped aliens their necks. Some of them even had red Santa hats and bright Christmas jumpers placed on them. Even the paintings around the school had been decorated, with the scenes inside of them portraying a much more Christmassy theme than the ones that they would normally show (even some of the more graphic and gruesome paintings had Christmas trees placed in the background or snow layered on the floor.)

Candles that floated around the school, providing light on those extremely dark days, were all casted with a spell that changed the way they looked so they went from just pure wax to wax with holly, bells, Christmas trees, snow and so many different Christmassy scenes pained on them. The windows of the school were also painted with different Christmassy scenes, ranging from the nativity, to a fire with stockings draped over its mantelpiece and many more.

Nearly every classroom in the Castle was decorated by having a wreath centre of the door, tinsel wrapped around the blackboard, and different buntings draped across the walls. If you happened to
catch her on a good day, Professor McGonagall would sometimes wrap tinsel around her hat to get herself into the Christmas spirit and it was around December that she would definitely let more smiles reach her eyes in front of her students. Each houses dormitory and common room were also decorated to the tens, having stockings above the fires, trees with ornaments representing the houses colours, new christmassy cushions placed on the sofas and so much more.