𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚, 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙮 𝙥𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚,
𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙂𝙞𝙧𝙡, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡,
𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

XXXTENTACION;; MOONLIGHT

_______________________

SETTY POV

BRONX, NYC;;
MONDAY, 5:46 P.M.

"So you jackin Lil Jai?"

I suck my teeth.

"Fuck is you talkin bout?" I mug Mhady as we walk out the store.

It's crowded outside.

I keep my head low while Mhady and Mali got their hoods thrown over their heads. I regret not getting my hair twisted or braided so I could wear a hoodie too. Instead, I just got my fro out. I been too busy in the studio tryna finish Get Home to do anything outside of recording.

But today I forced myself to take a break from that to do something that's been stuck in my mind ever since I got that call from Miss Morant a few weeks ago.

I skipped the studio and Mhady had us at some store in a random shopping center all afternoon but I don't care because we got what we came for.

Mhady carrying the big white gift bag that we put the shit in as soon as we bought it.

"So we ain't spend like all day tryna find this for her?" He asks, holding up the gift bag and looking at me from beneath his hoodie, "It's one thing to want to look out for her cause Kahlil was our brother... and that's what we do. But calling and texting her everyday? Buying shit that cost like five times ya rent."

"And ya'll was mad close the other night." Mali adds, grinning "Somethin happened in the studio, right? So, if y'all got something going on..."

"It's not even like that." I shake my head. It's too early to put any labels on anything. I just know I like being around Jaiya. Shit made me feel good, especially with how dark shit felt around me after what happened to Kahlil. It's like she's just what I need... but I'm not tryna force nothing. So I just tell them, "We just chillin."

Mali sucks his teeth.

"Then why you press Sheemy the other day for having her at the studio?" He asks while Mhady shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

Thinking about that shit got me tight all over again. Anything could've happened to her... and I wouldn't have been there to stop it. I can feel myself getting mad and that shit start making my head hurt. So I get my vape out my pocket and take a hit.