𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝙄 𝙥𝙧𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙂𝙤𝙙 𝙄 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜
𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚, 𝙄 𝙙𝙤 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩
𝙈𝙮 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨
𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙗𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙...

6LACK ;; CUTTING TIES 

_______________________

JAIYA POV  

BRONX, NYC;;
SUNDAY, 10:05 A.M.

I lay on my side, staring at all the texts in my phone. It's been two weeks since that party on the Sev. Two weeks since Setty just stopped whatever was developing between us....

And I haven't heard anything from him since.

I've been thinking a lot since then. And for the first time, it's not all just about Kahlil. I wondered what I could have done to make Setty cut me off and just disappear. Something told me he was afraid... I was too.

I wasn't lying when I told him I never been with anybody, not seriously. I don't know how to pace things and it felt like everything happened so fast between us. When I met him that night at the video shoot, everything had been about Kahlil.

But after that, it was just me and him. And I started wanting something more. I thought he did too... but maybe I'm not good at reading people or maybe I looked too much into it. He said he only stuck with me because of Kahlil. Maybe we should have just kept it that way.

MALI

meet me on the court near
ya aunt's house at 6

I stare at the text from Mali before responding with a simple okay. Once that's done, I decide to get up and head to the bathroom to detangle my hair since my moms is supposed to be braiding it. 

I spend most of the time in a daze, just repeating the other night at the party. I thought that if I kept going over it, the way Setty was acting would make more sense to me. But the more I thought about it, the more I just felt confused. By the time I finish with my hair, I just feel frustrated and defeated.

It also feels weird no longer being in my own space. My pops was being stubborn and refused to leave the apartment and my moms didn't want to go back out of fear of them getting into it and her being the one to get locked up again. Even though he was trespassing, my moms didn't want to be as petty as he was.