𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨
𝙈𝙮 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧'𝙨 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙛 𝙄'𝙢 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙩
𝘼𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨, 𝙬𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩 '𝙚𝙢
𝙂𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙗𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝, 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣'

𝙎𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙪𝙨 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙞𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙩
𝙅𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙞𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙣' 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨

WAN BILLZ FT. SET DA TREND ;; WHERE I GO

_______________________

JAIYA POV

BRONX, NYC;;
SATURDAY, 6:08 P.M.

"What time ya little boyfriend coming?"

I roll my eyes at my Aunt V.

She's my grandmother's sister, and while my grandmother became more quiet after what happened to Kahlil, my Aunt V was still her outspoken self. She's the one that randomly decided to have a cookout at the park. When she called to invite me and my moms, she said something about there being peace and joy after a period of grief.

I think she's right...

Kahlil loved cookouts.

He always showed up last minute with his friends, the loudest person there trying to teach my younger cousins how to get sturdy. I'm gonna miss him taking up most of my camera roll when I go around to take pictures like I usually do.

But I feel like his spirit is still here, because I feel happier than usual... and maybe some of it has to do with kissing Setty last week.

"I already told you-" I tell Aunt V, poking her with the serving spoon playfully, "-Setty is not my boyfriend and I don't know what time they're coming."

"Mhm, that's why you got ya lil cheeks out." She pinches the back of my shorts before pulling at the neck of my crop top, "And this baby sized tee on."

"Auntie!" I yell, poking out my lip when everyone around us starts laughing, "Why you do me like that?"

It's mostly the older people, my grandmother's sisters and brothers, around the tables, putting out the food. My uncle and a few of my other cousins were on the grill, and everyone else was scattered around, talking and taking pictures, the kids were running around chasing each other through the park and playing basketball on the court, and the older cousins were walking back and forth, tryna make sure they were first in line for the food when it was all ready.